Exact time of N400 submission - through 5 year Residency Route

srevanur

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone! I'm new to this board. I'm planning on applying for US Citizenship soon, through the 5 year residency route.

I wil complete 5 years on June 18 2006.

I did have a couple of questions I wanted to ask..

1) When is the exact time that i can complete and mail my N400 application/Check. At some place I read that it can be anytime within 90 days of the time of completion of 5 years which would mean I can submit anytime after Mar 20th. Kindly confirm. I come under Nebraska (living in MN).

2) I have not changed my Drivers license from AZ to MN although I have lived in MN for more than 3 months. Is that going to be an issue during Interview?

3) I got the letter from Selective Services that it was not necessary for me to regster in Selective Services at the age of 26 as I was on H1 (Non-Immigrant status). The letter I got however is not Original signature letter. With the N400 application should I be sending a copy of this letter or the exact letter that I got from Selective Services (and retain the copy for my records).

Thanks!

srevanur said:
Hello everyone! I'm new to this board. I'm planning on applying for US Citizenship soon, through the 5 year residency route.

I wil complete 5 years on June 18 2006.

I did have a couple of questions I wanted to ask..

1) When is the exact time that i can complete and mail my N400 application/Check. At some place I read that it can be anytime within 90 days of the time of completion of 5 years which would mean I can submit anytime after Mar 20th. Kindly confirm. I come under Nebraska (living in MN).

Yes is correct.

2) I have not changed my Drivers license from AZ to MN although I have lived in MN for more than 3 months. Is that going to be an issue during Interview?

You should change it before the interview, they ask for it.

3) I got the letter from Selective Services that it was not necessary for me to regster in Selective Services at the age of 26 as I was on H1 (Non-Immigrant status). The letter I got however is not Original signature letter. With the N400 application should I be sending a copy of this letter or the exact letter that I got from Selective Services (and retain the copy for my records).

That letter should be OK. Always keep copies of everything for your record.

Thanks!

Thank you. One more question on shipment of N400.

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I will follow up on my MN license this week.

I have one more question: I and my wife are both applying at the same time. Although I have put the application/check/photos/documents etc in separate envelopes what is recommended in terms of sending the material to USINS ? Is Fedex preferred as that is what I am thinking. Also can I put both envelopes in the same FEDEX shipment to Nebraska Service Center or is it recommended to have two separate FEDEX shipments.

Actually JoeF, that's not true, you can only use US postal service (USPS)
fedex and ups can't deliver to PO boxes.

Minoush said:
Actually JoeF, that's not true, you can only use US postal service (USPS)
fedex and ups can't deliver to PO boxes.

That's not true either. There is completely different address (no P.O. Box) if you want to send application through UPS/FEDEX/AirBorne. This address has physical street address and these overnight carriers will ceratinly deliver to this address. So you can also use UPS/FEDEX/AirBorne besides USPS.

Send it by FedEx and track delivery

I sent mine by FedEx and was able to track the entire route (inclusive of who signed for the delivery at the USCIS Office). Also, to keep things simple, send each application separately.

My timeline:
02/09/06 : N-400 mailed to VSC
02/10/06 : N-400 VSC Received Date
02/10/06 : N-400 VSC Priority Date
02/15/06 : Check Cashed Date
02/19/06 : N-400 VSC Notice Date
02/22/06 : N-400 NOA VSC Mailed Date
02/24/06 : N-400 NOA Received by me Date
03/01/06 : FP Letter VSC Notice date
03/02/06 : FP Letter VSC Mailed Date
03/06/06 : FP Letter Received by me Date
03/17/06 : FP Appointment