Evidence requested after interview

soceresee

As the timeline in my signature shows, I have travelled through the name check black hole. After my interview, the IO gave me a paper stating that USCIS would send me a written notice about the decision on my N-400.

My question is in two parts. First, if the name check has cleared, which is an assumption as I had the interview, why would they need police clearance letters from the local police and Sheriff's office? Second, once the request for evidence has been sent, does USCIS respond with an acknowledgement that they received it, or just send the decision letter, which hopefully is the oath letter?

Thank you!

USCIS will not send any letter of acknowledgement of receiving evidence materials. The next corespondence you will receive will be most likely the N445 (for Oath) send in regular mail, or letter of Intent of Denial, which should coming in certified mail.

There are various reasons for USCIS to request local law enforcement clearance. It could result your finger prints result in particular errors or inconsistancy, or the residence change within specific time frame, etc. It is quite common practice for USCIS.

As the timeline in my signature shows, I have travelled through the name check black hole. After my interview, the IO gave me a paper stating that USCIS would send me a written notice about the decision on my N-400.

My question is in two parts. First, if the name check has cleared, which is an assumption as I had the interview, why would they need police clearance letters from the local police and Sheriff's office? Second, once the request for evidence has been sent, does USCIS respond with an acknowledgement that they received it, or just send the decision letter, which hopefully is the oath letter?

Thank you!

It is also possible that your prints have been rejected by the FBI as unreadable or something like that. That is potentially the reason you had to go through multiple FP appointments.