Evidence of parental relationship for I-130 filing?

wilderness1

Registered Users (C)
If a child is born out of wedlock and not legitimized before they reach sixteen. What evidence of a bona-fide father/child relationship should be submitted in order to convince the USCIS? Should affidavits only be from institutions or persons with high qualifications? In this case my parents were "officially" married when i was about eight - this i imagine is beneficial.
if anyone has any experience to share, that would be wonderful

While the immigration rule about legitimation is tied what the laws were in the particular country or state where legitimation is claimed, a legally recognized marriage of the parents while the child is a minor almost always means legitimation. So what are you worried about given that your parents got married when you were 8 years old?

This is a rare case. How about if you include a paper of adoption, since your mother was your only legit parent before they married?

Thanks for the replies. I hope that is true about the marriage certificate but I think I'm far to old to be addopted now I think thats only for under sixteens -thanks again.:)