Evidence: audio and video recordings

MJ_irani

Do you know if audio and video recordings are acceptable forms of evidence for asylum?

How about translation of audio files that are not in English?

If you the evidence, and can provide it, then sure send it. You would have to submit it at the local office, USCIS can’t process video/audio. Even the local office can’t...but they can process transcripts. However, the asylum court can handle video and audio... Don’t provide these other evidence formats when you can submit old paper, evidence. Can they play it? Do they have CD/DVD players? Questions to know before you submit.

If you the evidence, and can provide it, then sure send it. You would have to submit it at the local office, USCIS can’t process video/audio. Even the local office can’t...but they can process transcripts. However, the asylum court can handle video and audio... Don’t provide these other evidence formats when you can submit old paper, evidence. Can they play it? Do they have CD/DVD players? Questions to know before you submit.
My lawyer said that USCIS doesn't have any sort of player unless you play it on your own phone for the interviewing officer. I suppose foreign language audio files won't be admissible ...

Do you know if audio and video recordings are acceptable forms of evidence for asylum?

They r acceptable but AO usually has no time to listen to them. Usually, AO prefers paper materials like like reports from US, UN, known tv media reports.

I say this because I asked this to my lawyer and he said it is fine but not recommended.

I actually gave them one before my second interview and I think it helped out for my approval.

I actually gave them one before my second interview and I think it helped out for my approval.
How did you give it to them? Was it a DVD? flash drive? or did you play it for the officer?Do they provide the means of playing audio/video at the interview?

How did you give it to them? Was it a DVD? flash drive? or did you play it for the officer?Do they provide the means of playing audio/video at the interview?

It was sent out before my interview in a flash copy. Also I munch copies from the video and attached to my documents, so, I was able to show it and referred to the video to be watched for more clarification.