• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

everybody who recevied GC

alincosma

Registered Users (C)
Did your online status changed after you case was approved? What did it say? Also did your status change after you received the interview letter?

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, it changed the same day after approval. It was something like "This case has been approved and approval notice was mailed". It was 2 more notices after this that they ordered GC and mailed it.

On July 6, 2006, a welcome notice was mailed for this case. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 during business hours.

That is what says on the web for my case and my wife's case. I don't know what it means.

alincosma said:
On July 6, 2006, a welcome notice was mailed for this case. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 during business hours.

That is what says on the web for my case and my wife's case. I don't know what it means.

Sometimes GC is approved without an interview. I know that this happens in employment based GC cases but not for the DV winners.

Hopefully it is not a mistake and you got approved without an interview :)

alincosma said:

it means: welcome to the board, my friend. your case is approved and you
will see your card soon! i had the same status after my interview...

sounds to good to be true, I really don't know what to think. I can't wait to get home and check the mail. I know that my case was updated on July 8 and than today again. I do not know about July 6. I will have to keep you posted after I receive the letter.

Congratulation Alincosma,

That message means that your case has been approved. The letter you'll get home will say sth about welcoming you to the US as a premanent resident. Trust me. :). I will talk to you later.

Congratulatyion again.