evaluation

honkman

Registered Users (C)
I am in the moment in the process to decide with my company which way I will go for applying for my green card (E1B-EA, E1B-OR, E2B-NIW or E2B-RIR). For that I am discussing my case with a lot of different people but of course I am interested to get as many different knowledgeable opinions as possible. Here is a short summary of my CV with all relevant topics. I would appreciate to get some feedback which way you would suggest has the biggest chance for success.

- Ph.D. in Chemistry
- Worked as a research associate in group of Nobel Prize winner in top-ranked institute in US
- Currently working in medium-sized biopharmaceutical company
- 9 publications in top-ranked journals (3 as first author)
- 8 conferences papers (4 as first author)
- 3 invited lectures
- one award as best oral presentation at a conference
- 4 awards (grants) for Ph.D. and postdoctoral work, all selected by commissions of scientists based on previous work.
- 65 citations
- Two memberships (one needs two nominees), a third one which needs review of performance by two senior members is also possible
- I will try to get several reference letters from scientists from different countries I haven’t worked with (In addition to the reference letters from scientists I worked with)
- I didn’t work as a referee until now but I am trying to get some referee work (minimum two) before I will apply for the green card.
- Above average salary

I think that you've got a very good chance of getting EB-1/EA approved, and won't have any problem at all in getting EB-1/OR (if your current job is research oriented). You just need to prepare your application right. Look for RFE's on different forums, and avoid making the same mistakes. If you want more tips, you can contact me at p_kafir@hotmail.com. For an NIW, you'll have to work hard to prepare a case, but you've got a chance there too.

-p

Realistically, you appear to meet 2 major criteria without problems and 1 criterion with more elaboration:

1. Authorship: 9 journal articles are small in quantity, but appear strong in quality judging by 65 citations. Citations, journal and conference papers go together in meeting the criterion on authorship;

2. Original scholarly contributions: PhD in chemistry; your referees' reports+your work with nobel prize winner+invited lecture. Obtain strong reports from referees internationally;

3. Memberships: two strong memberships should help you to meet this criterion. But it also depends on the association that you belong to.

You potentially meet the criterion on "award", but it is too weak. You may not meet the "Judgeship" criterion as you have not evaluated the work of other people.

From the above, EB-OR appears better than EB1-EA, which requires higher level of achievements. NIW is a different animal. The criteria used for NIW are not as clear as these other two. You may want to discuss with an attorney.