ETA 750 Question

GC_Kaavaali

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
If it is stated that a position requires Masters and one year of experience but also stated that Bachelors with 5 years of experience will be accepted in lieu of Masters and one year of experience will be accepted, in the Labor, would that qualify a person with Bachelors and 5 years of experience to the position?

I have posted this question several times but no answer, so I am posting it once again.

Please share your views.

Thanks,
GC_Kaavaali

Hi GC Kaavali,
Answering to your question. If the labor clearly states that it can accept a bachelors degree with 5 years experience, then it should not pose a problem for you. BUT, the 5 year experience you should have had at the time of filing the labor petition and not at the time of getting it approved.

Hope I am clear..

Want GC Soon :)

Guys,
If it is stated that a position requires Masters and one year of experience but also stated that Bachelors with 5 years of experience will be accepted in lieu of Masters and one year of experience will be accepted, in the Labor, would that qualify a person with Bachelors and 5 years of experience to the position?

I have posted this question several times but no answer, so I am posting it once again.

Please share your views.

Thanks,
GC_Kaavaali

One more point that I had to add on this case was that, I heard that I140's are all having problems with MCA's as USCIS is not accepting BSc+MCA as a 4 year equivalent degree even though they approve H1B.

Hope you are not one among them..

Thanks

Want GC Soon said:
Hi GC Kaavali,
Answering to your question. If the labor clearly states that it can accept a bachelors degree with 5 years experience, then it should not pose a problem for you. BUT, the 5 year experience you should have had at the time of filing the labor petition and not at the time of getting it approved.

Hope I am clear..

Guys,

Please share your views.

Thanks,
GC_Kaavaali

Want_GC_Soon,
Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes the Labor clearly states in the "other Special Requirements" column that Bachelors with 5 years of experience will be accepted in lieu of Masters and one year of Experience. I had 5 years and 5 months of experience by the time the labor was filed. BCIS issued an RFE to show evidence of 6 years of Experience before the labor was filed. My attorney says that it is mistake by BCIS and would reply with clarification of the labor along education evaluation too which a part of the RFE and solid in depth experience letters.

Thanks,
GC_Kaavaali

4 year degree

Want GC Soon said:
One more point that I had to add on this case was that, I heard that I140's are all having problems with MCA's as USCIS is not accepting BSc+MCA as a 4 year equivalent degree even though they approve H1B.

I have a 4 year degree in Mechanical engineering and the labor requires major in Engg or Comp Scien or Math.

Guys,
I have 2 Bachelor degrees + 4 yr 7 months of experience.My labor was applied under eb2 and got I140 approved in Apr 2004.
--Tempo.

More Details

tempo said:
Guys,
I have 2 Bachelor degrees + 4 yr 7 months of experience.My labor was applied under eb2 and got I140 approved in Apr 2004.
--Tempo.

Hi Tempo,
Could please share more details.
1) What Bachelor degrees do you have? (Major)
2) What was stated in your Labor?
3) Did you get any RFE?

Thanks,
GC_Kaavaali

Want GC Soon said:

I dont agree with Want GC Soon! It all depends on how the wording in LC. In LC, if the attorney mention words like, "Combination of education and or experience" the one mightl not get any problems with B.Sc and MCA.
Again it depends on how the wording in LC.

Maybe you are right, but to my knowledge I havent heard of any LC being filed under the wording that you mentioned.

That was not my opinion.. See below:

Chat User : Can we combine 2 foreign degrees to arrive at a U.S. equivalent Bachelor’s Degree? I have 3 years B.Sc. and 3 years MCA. Is that equal to a U.S. Bachelor / Master’s Degree?

Attorney Murthy : Although some service centers seem to allow a combination of degrees, it appears that other service centers are not allowing such a combination, especially for the I-140 stage in the GC processing. Most service centers have no problems with such combinations for the H1B process, but often deny the I-140 petition saying that the educational requirement of a Bachelor’s or Master’s or its equivalent requires a single degree and not a combination. This is frustrating especially when a reputable credentials evaluator has evaluated the equivalency of the two degrees as equating to a single U.S. degree.

tempo

That is encouraging. can you please let us know what you have mentioned in Columns 14 and 15 of ETA 750 and also the major in your bachelors degree

Want GC Soon said:
Maybe you are right, but to my knowledge I havent heard of any LC being filed under the wording that you mentioned.

My attorney mentioned the same words in my LC and more over i checked with experts in this forum and everyone agreed how the importance of wording in LC.

Want GC Soon said:
That was not my opinion.. See below:

Chat User : Can we combine 2 foreign degrees to arrive at a U.S. equivalent Bachelor’s Degree? I have 3 years B.Sc. and 3 years MCA. Is that equal to a U.S. Bachelor / Master’s Degree?

Attorney Murthy : Although some service centers seem to allow a combination of degrees, it appears that other service centers are not allowing such a combination, especially for the I-140 stage in the GC processing. Most service centers have no problems with such combinations for the H1B process, but often deny the I-140 petition saying that the educational requirement of a Bachelor’s or Master’s or its equivalent requires a single degree and not a combination. This is frustrating especially when a reputable credentials evaluator has evaluated the equivalency of the two degrees as equating to a single U.S. degree.

See this thread for more details:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=127129&page=2&pp=15

Here is one thread from one of users on this forum:

10th June 2004, 12:13 AM
unitednations
Registered User Join Date: Aug 2003

There have been many posts related to degree equivalency. The two main points of denial are:

1) Combination of foreign degrees/work experience to get equivalency to a u.s. bachelors degree

2) Field of study in the foreign equivalent degree is not the major field of study on the labor certification.

"If the labor certification does not allow for a combination of degrees/work experience and/or the listed field of study on the evaluation does not match the labor certification - you will get denied."

Note: Do not rely on the term "equivalent" on the labor certification. If equivalent is listed then it has to be specific of what equivalent means.

Ciril99

I don't remeber exactly but my eta750 was quite simple.My employeer applied with the job description that I gave them and of course it was whatever I'm doing at my job.Also the requirement for labor was Masters or Bachelor + 5 yrs of progressive experience.I knew that I had just 4 yr , 7 mo but my lawyer said even it's ok to apply with less experience and it got appoved w/o RFE.So don't know my labor checked against what norms.
Anyway I bachelors in Electronics and physics.Major was electronics.

--Tempo

My attorney mentioned on ETA-750A that

column14: “BS in Comp Sci. or equivalent*”
Column15: “*Equivalent combination of education and/or experience”

I have 3 yrs bachelors(Maths) and 1 yr Diploma in computer applications and 12 yrs of IT experience and my LC is EB3 filed in Vermont.

I heard some of service centers are allowing combination degrees and luckily Vermont is one among.

tempo,

I am in the same situation. I have two 3 year degrees and my I140 was applied in Dec 03. Based on the posts in the forum, I am anticipating a RFE on my case. In this context, I would like to contact you. I would appreciate if you can send me an email to 'long_wait4u@yahoo.com'

Last edited by a moderator: