Error on green card

hirgan

Registered Users (C)
I got my plastic card yesterday 02/08/03. The month for my DOB is wrong. Does anybody else have/had such a problem? If somebody on the forum knows a fix for this error, please share it. Thanks.

Error on card

One of my friend had the same problem and I was told by him that he had contacted the INS and since the mistake was theirs they said they would correct it immediately and send a new card to him.

Originally posted by hirgan
I got my plastic card yesterday 02/08/03. The month for my DOB is wrong. Does anybody else have/had such a problem? If somebody on the forum knows a fix for this error, please share it. Thanks.

The only thing that can fix that is to call INS and rant about the mistake they did on your card... they should fix it

Re. Error on Card

My wife had problem on the card. Her sex was printed male instead of female. I called up INS and spoke to an agent and she informed me to wait for a letter from INS.Upon receiving the letter I replied with a letter stating what was the mistake and after about a month there was the new card in our mailbox.
Both our cards came around Sep 10'th or so, Spoke to IIO reg error on my wife's card around Sep15'th.Received letter from INS around Oct end. Replied back around Nov 1'st week and went to India for Vacation and came back and called once again to verify the status around Dec 2'nd week and the new card came for my wife around Mid Dec

Every thing will be fine,

Good luck,

Sambandham123

Thanks

Thanks for all your responses. I called an IIO just now (02/10/03 @ 11am). The lady told me that she'll mail me a letter requesting my plastic card. I should mail back the plastic card along with a letter explaining the error and any appropriate documentation (like my birth certificate). They will open my I485 file and verify birth date to determine that INS infact made an administrative error. So, I'm expecting they'll correct the error and send me a new correct plastic card in a couple of months' time. Thanks again.

Thanks

Thanks for all your responses. I called an IIO just now (02/10/03 @ 11am). The lady told me that she'll mail me a letter requesting my plastic card. I should mail back the plastic card along with a letter explaining the error and any appropriate documentation (like my birth certificate). They will open my I485 file and verify birth date to determine that INS infact made an administrative error. So, I'm expecting they'll correct the error and send me a new correct plastic card in a couple of months' time. Thanks again.

corrected card received

I mailed my green card (card with the error) along with the letter from INS in the 3rd week of February. On April 17, I received a case number (a new EAC receipt number). The corrected green card was received in the mail today. It took me approximately 2 months to receive the corrected green card. Thanks for all your responses.