Error in Wife's Plastic card

skesarim

Ginnu and other experts,

I have read the recent posts and about filing 1-90 in Lock box. My wif'es last name has been mispelled in her green card. I have received 3 different versions from 3 people today whom I talekd to to get this corrected-

1. efile I90. Do not pay any fees. This was told by my attorney. when i tried to e-file it atelast asks for 70$. I left it at that. There will be no biometrics done.

2. I called USCIS twice today - one lady told me that I cannot do efiling becos the name needs to be corrected. The other time I got transferred to IIO at TSC and she was nice but told me that we should not be sending the mail to Lockbox, instead send it to TSC with the green card. She also told me I can schedule an appointment at local USCIS office when I told her I am not comfortable in sending the GC to TSC.

Questions
----------

Q1)I am more comfortable in going to th local office and I have got an appointment for June 21st. What do you guys feel ? Since June 21st falls with the transition of 45 days from May 31st after the new rule has been passed--- Do you think I can go with this option.

Q2)When submitting i90 electronically when do you get the chance to schedule the biometric appointment. In this thread itself I read somebody scheduled the biometric appointment in a day...

Thanks in advance,
Swami