• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Error in the city of birth

Alincurious

Dear Experts,

I am a winner of DV2019. I mistakenly wrote a wrong city of birth in my DV application form. But I corrected it in DS-260 form according to my birth certificate. As I know, even 1 wrong letter in the initial DV form would be a denial for visa. Will my mistake disqualify me or I still have a chance?

Not usually a problem as Susie said. We had the same issue. Made sure it was corrected in the DS260. All good.

Last edited:
Dear Experts,

I am a winner of DV2019. I mistakenly wrote a wrong city of birth in my DV application form. But I corrected it in DS-260 form according to my birth certificate. As I know, even 1 wrong letter in the initial DV form would be a denial for visa. Will my mistake disqualify me or I still have a chance?
Good question, I made a similar error, for city of birth for my spouse. I copied the data from her passport which showed place of birth rather than city of birth. When I checked her birth certificate later I realised I should not have copied from passport because it shows a province, not a city, which I overlooked since the province has a capital by the same name. Good to know it is correctable, and usually not an issue, being the same country anyway.