Entry from Canada with no new I94 and stamp in the passport

TELL_ME

Registered Users (C)
Received Landed Immigrant (LI) status for Canada in January 2003 after entering Canada by road and maintaining valid H1B status in the US.
After getting the Canadian (LI) stamp in my passport, returned to the US on the same day but the US Border agent checked the valid H1B visa and valid I-94 card and let us in to the US without issuing new I-94card nor stamping passport with this entry.

Do i need to mention this date as my last entry or last arrival date in the US for AOS 485 filing? Should i also submit an affadavit for this lawful entry so as to avoid RFE later or the USCIS will reject the application
considering this as an unlawful entry? People on H1B and valid I-94 card who enter US by road are never given a new I-94 card. How do you prove that one entered legally? Is an affadavit an answer? Thoughts

I read somewhere on the forum that you don't need to mention the visit to Canada. So take the date from i-94 you have in hand.

For some reasons, I was given a new i-94 by the officer last time I came back from Canada. Good think was she didn't take the i-94 that came with h-1 approval. So I have two of them now.