Entering USA from Brazil

DougD

Greetings,

I am an American citizen currently in Brazil with my fiancee. We have a civil union (called Uniao Estavel here in Brazil). She has a valid tourist visa and spent a total of 5 months in the USA in 2015. We were approved for the K-1 process, which we did up until the interview stage because we thought we should stay in Brazil to live. We would like to travel to the United States to go to Disney World We are concerned that when we travel, immigration can deny her entry, believing she and I, because of our previous K-1 filing, intend for her to stay illegally in the US. Is this something we should be concerned about?

Thanks!

Doug

Greetings,

I am an American citizen currently in Brazil with my fiancee. We have a civil union (called Uniao Estavel here in Brazil). She has a valid tourist visa and spent a total of 5 months in the USA in 2015. We were approved for the K-1 process, which we did up until the interview stage because we thought we should stay in Brazil to live. We would like to travel to the United States to go to Disney World We are concerned that when we travel, immigration can deny her entry, believing she and I, because of our previous K-1 filing, intend for her to stay illegally in the US. Is this something we should be concerned about?

Thanks!

Doug

Hi Doug,

You never completed the K1 visa request? You can go ahead and do the request for a B1/B2 Visa but you need to take evidence that shows you are planning to stay and live in Brazil.

Check this website for more info https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/denials.html

Thanks for your reply, Pierre, and I see I wasn't clear enough before. She already has the visitor visa, which she got before coming to visit the US in 2015. We just didn't want to arouse suspicion. because of the K-1 visa request cancellation.

Thanks for your reply, Pierre, and I see I wasn't clear enough before. She already has the visitor visa, which she got before coming to visit the US in 2015. We just didn't want to arouse suspicion. because of the K-1 visa request cancellation.

Hi Doug,

I doubt she will have any issues entering the U.S., if the visa is currently available and valid. In case they ask, just make sure to be honest and inform about the reasons of cancellation