Entered USA with GreenCard, officer stamped passport "Class: ACR; Until: 1 month"???

High5

Registered Users (C)
I entered into USA using my Green Card after my visit to my home country. At the port of entry the immigration officer stamped my passport with a seal and then wrote on this seal with pen with the following information:
"Class: ACR
Until: 1 month
"

I was wondering what does this mean. Am I only admitted into USA for 1 month???

I will really appreciate your urgent help. Please share your experiences on the stamping on your passports.

Don't worry about it. Most likely the officer meant to write ARC (which means Alient Resident Card - the old official name of Green Cards. Now they are called Permanent Resident Cards, but I've never had an officer write PRC!).

Sometimes, they write LPR (Legal Permanent Resident). Sometimes they just stamp the date and write nothing. If you were admitted after presenting your passport and GC, and you weren't told otherwise, then you were admitted as a Permanent Resident.

What is stamped in your passport has no bearing on actual status. (My attorney told me years ago that all sorts of things get incorrectly stamped and written in passports. Once, on a 1-year 0-1 visa, the POE officer wrote 3-year validity on my passport stamp. My attorney said it was irrelevant and it never came back to haunt me during the 485 process.)

It is not uncommon for the CBP officer to indicate on a permanent resident's passport how long he/she was away. Were you out of the US for a month, perhaps?

It appears that "Until: 1 month" is not a problem??

Thanks for your responses. The "Class: ARC" was a typo on my behalf. The immigration officer did write "ARC". The only part that I was worried about was the "Until: 1 month" part of this writings. From CRS's response below it appears that this "1 month" means the time that I had been out of country. It matches with my repsonse to the immigration officer when he asked me how long I had been out of USA for which I said close to 25-26 days.

Did anybody else have the "Until:" part specified on their passports?

High5 said:
Did anybody else have the "Until:" part specified on their passports?

Not me, but all of my trips have been business trips of seven days or less, except one family trip that was two weeks.

I will be traveling out of country in 2 weeks. Can anyone tell me what extra documents I should bring besides green card and passport? Thanks very much!

bluepete said:
what extra documents I should bring besides green card and passport?

None, unless you need a visa for the country you are traveling to.

This helps. I just returned from a 4+ month (<5) trip back to India and upon entry, the officer wrote ARC and 4 months in the passport. I was worried little bit but after reading this. It now makes sense he wrote that.

it's a way of knowing next time you show up....at point of entry....how much time you were gone.