Enlisting in the military and pending FBI name check

Moneer81

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys,

Like many others in here, I am stuck waiting for my FBI name check to clear. My wife and I had our interview on August 10, 2005. Officer said: "Everything looks great, but we're still waiting for your FBI name check, so expect your welcome letter and green card in the mail soon". And many months later, nothing yet.
I was waiting for many years to become a permanent resident because I really really want to join the armed forces. After my interview I visited with recruiters from the Army and the Navy and I was highly recruited because of my skills and education, and also the languages I know including Arabic. They are even more anxious than me because they want me to enlist ASAP. Recently I became very interested in the Marine Corps and the recruiter was impressed and is trying to find ways to help me out. I have been doing some research on what to do, I believe I can get some help from a higher command in the Marine Corps that might be able to help out. The problem though, is that I don't know who to talk to concerning my case. I spoke to the FBI recently and the lady refused to discuss anything and kept referring me to USCIS, and USCIS will most probably not provide any help.
Does anyone know if there is ANYTHING I can do considering the fact that I am about to enlist (I've even submitted an applicatoin, and took the ASVAB)? Who can I tell, or actually have an official from the military tell, that I am of interest to the US? The military is very short on arabic linguists.

I wish I can just get a timeline or a rough estimate for the waiting period. Then at least I can know how to plan my life accordingly.

Any ideas ?

Search this forum for FBI namecheck and you'll find tons of referring posts, telling you how to contact FBI properly.

IMHO if the US armed forces are desperately waiting for your skills they'd find a way to check your FBI case since they need it for your security check anyway.