English Translation Required?

monty2

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

In my marriage certificate, all questions are in both Marathi and English. All answers are in English. Do I need to still get this translated? Anyone in same situation.....

Thanks!
Monty

Translations ...

... if you think that anybody, even american can read your certificate, then you don't need the translation. It is required for those documents which are not in english readable format/language ie in any regional language other than english. If the answers are in english, then you don't have to have translations, because questions are in both, Marathi & English, language.

In either case, I remember someone telling me that translation is needed for only those documents that are not in English or not in Local state language.

I am not sure if this means that if your document is in Hindi, do we need translation or not.

Translations ...

if you read P4, you will notice the section describing about translation requirement. Eventually your file will come to US and they will not able to read any document which is not english .. so take a guess and work on it .. all the best:D