Employment on pending EAD renewal -HELP,HELP

whenwhen

Registered Users (C)
hello all:

i filed for EAD renewal (notice date nov 12,2003) from the vermont
centre. i have to join a new job on monday the january 23rd,2004.My previous EAD expired on 20th dec,2003.
My question is that if i take my previous expired EAD and notice of filling for the new EAD will i be allowed to join.Has INS got a similar rule( like it has for H1's that if u are on a H1 from company A and if u filed for another H1 from comapny B then one can basically start working with company B and not wait for the H1 transfer process) so i was wondering if there is a simialr rule for EAD's also that if u have a pending EAD renewal can one start
working for a new company .Pls HELP.
any website link or any other info will be deeply apprciated
Thanks!

That rule does not apply to EAD and you need the actual EAD to begin employment. A receipt notice is NOT sufficient. This was recently clarified by USCIS in a memo.

You cannot work in between eads, if your prvious ead is expired, and the new ead is not approved, then you cannot work. If you choose to work, you will be working illegally which may create issues when your 485 is being adjudicated.

The best you can do is after 90 days from 12th Nov, go get interim EAD, and then start working. So you may have to wait for few weeks before you can start working.

I hope that you have not been working since 20th december 2003.