employment letter

linkslinks

Registered Users (C)
Let's say you get a new job after 180 days and
it happens to be a contract with benefits. If you
get an RFE, how will this really impact you.

Couldn't
your new contractor just state that you are working
at the certain position at a certain salary and omit
the fact that you are on contract?

I am wondering if anyone has been in this situation.

Since it is employment based, the words permanent and full-time are important in the employment letter. If you have a contracting job and the contractor will not give you a letter to that extent, I suggest you go through some other consulting company who does the payroll with this contract.

another thing is that your employment letter should clearly states they are interested to provide continous employment for you. This is very important.

No job is ever permanent, especially in corporate America. If you're working on contract basis on a W-2, as long as your employer provides a letter stating your job duties, salary, etc. without mentioning 'permanant' that should be OK.

If you say it is OK, does that mean that you are in this
situation or know people that have done it and gotten approved.

permanent doesn't mean the job will be there for time immemorial. It just means that it is not temporary. manumahi, has a good point - it should also specify the continuation of employment.

Originally posted by linkslinks
If you say it is OK, does that mean that you are in this
situation or know people that have done it and gotten approved.

No, I'm not in this situation, but I've heard of companies not using the 'permanent' word but instead settling for more realistic words like 'likelihood of continued employment is good' or 'prospect of future employment is excellent'. Your job could be contract, i.e., you're not a full-time employee of the company but as long as there is intent to continue your job for a reasonable time in the future that should be fine. One could argue forever regarding the nuances of 'reasonable', 'permanent', etc. but you get the idea.

Last edited by a moderator: