employment letter - important

bsoni

Registered Users (C)
in some of the threads earlier people were talking about two notarized employment letters. Can somebody tell me the reason for two.

I have got one notarized employment letter, and one non-notarized employment letter ( because of some confusion in my company ).

what does packet-4 say, two notarized employment letter or only one notarized employment letter. Please remember I will be going to GC interview with my wife.

in fact read, bapa's list of documents and you would find two notarized employment letters

1 notorized emp. letter is enough

dsoni,

I don't think they will ask for 2 notorized emp. letter. As a primary applicant for the CP u need to original notorized emp. letter and your wife need the copy of your notorized emp. letter. This is what they asked us in chennai.

Always
Vsats

Employment Letter

Guys:

I got the I-864 form and it didn't say that you need to get employment letter notarized. It is only the I-864 form which needs to be notarized.

-Guccidkny

Re: Employment Letter

Originally posted by guccidkny
Guys:

I got the I-864 form and it didn't say that you need to get employment letter notarized. It is only the I-864 form which needs to be notarized.

-Guccidkny

Getting the employment letter notarized is mandatory!

Raju595

Hello:

The employment letter requirement of notary might be for Employment based I-864, but for spouse, I am reading the Detailed Instructions for Form I-864 sent by NVC and these instructions are in complement to the ones that are on I-864 and it says that and i quote "Evidence of current employment or self-employment, such as recent(within a month prior to the signature date of the I-864) pay statement or a statement from your employer on business stationery, showing beginning date of employment, type of work performed and salary or wages paid"

and it doesn't say anything about notary of the employment letter. I know that you need to get the I-864 notarized.

-Guccidkny

Re: Raju595

Originally posted by guccidkny
Hello:

The employment letter requirement of notary might be for Employment based I-864, but for spouse, I am reading the Detailed Instructions for Form I-864 sent by NVC and these instructions are in complement to the ones that are on I-864 and it says that and i quote "Evidence of current employment or self-employment, such as recent(within a month prior to the signature date of the I-864) pay statement or a statement from your employer on business stationery, showing beginning date of employment, type of work performed and salary or wages paid"

and it doesn't say anything about notary of the employment letter. I know that you need to get the I-864 notarized.

-Guccidkny
I believe notarising employment letter is mandatory. They did look for notary sign in my emp letter and they retained only one with them and second one was returned back. They took a photo copy of notarised emp letter for my wife..

Guccidkny - Looks like you already hold American citizenship or a Green card and your spouse is attending a family based GC interview. I assume this is not the situation for Bsoni.

I attended the interview this past Oct-2002 and mine is emp. baseed.
a. I carried one notarized employment letter from my employer.
b. A copy of the above & a notarized I-134 (affidavit of support)for my wife.

I-864 is only for family based GC interview.

Miami

Miami:

You are probably right, maybe for Employment based I-864, they require a notorized employment letter and not for family based.

-Guccidkny