Employment dates in PERM application

philalc

As I just found out, when filling out online PERM application, my lawyer used 1st of the months instead of the actual date when entering employment history. I.e. instead of 09/24/2004 it would be 09/01/2004, etc.
And the "reason" seems to be that when I provided that history to the lawyer, all they asked for was an "approximate" date, basically only month and year, but not day of the month.

My feeling is, this would render this application useless for filing 140/485, even if it will be miraculously approved. Is that correct?

p.s. the application was submitted and denied end of may, then picked up after rerun in early july and now still "in process"

I think....dates mentioned are used to prove ur past experience as far as ur safe in terms of years u shud be good to go ?

maxblacks said:
I think....dates mentioned are used to prove ur past experience as far as ur safe in terms of years u shud be good to go ?

Well, I wish.. :) If it's the only thing they check it for.. My proof of experience (reference letters, etc) also lists only months, as far as I remember.
But still, it's not quite correct data, i.e. if I started a new job (with H1 transfer) sep 25th and in the LC start date is listed as sep 1st... And it's easy to pinpoint - if H1 transfer started on 24th, obviously I couldn't start this job at 1st. Looks like a problem to me.. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: