Employment based GC Interview - case being held for further review

adapa

Registered Users (C)
I have had my employment based (EB2) GC interview Dec 7, 2018 in Newark field office. Interview went on for about an hour. The officer asked about my previous companies I worked for and geographical locations, and she noted and printed my answers and took my signature along with a witness (someone from USCIS office signed), and handed over interview result letter with below option selected.

"Your case is being held for review. At this time, USCIS does not require any further information or documents
from you. Should further information or documents be required, you will receive a notice in the mail. We may
also schedule you for another interview, you will receive a notice in the mail. Otherwise, a final decision will be
mailed once your case is complete."

One other thing is, most of the interview was focused on my company (which was blacklisted and closed) and experience on that company's payroll (between 2006 to 2010). I do have most of the paystubs but not all. And I didn't get paid for 4-5 months when I was on bench. In my I485 application, my attorney did not list this experience (from 2006 to 2010) and the company. When I asked them, they said only 7 years of experience in USA is needed so we could skip. But the visa officer questioned why it was not listed and insisted on that. And under the section where it asks experience out of US, the application had a listing of my experience (till 2006) from India and essentially skipped the experience of my first experience in USA of 4 years (from 2006 till 2010). As that company is blacklisted and closed, I am just wondering on the prospects of my case getting approved and also how long would it take? Any feedback and advice is very much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

No one on a forum could predict a USCIS officer's decision. You have to wait however long USCIS takes to process your application.

With the amount of fraud in the EB-program, USCIS has been known to delve into the deep past. Work for a shady consulting desi blacklisted company isn't without risk in the current environment. Something does come across as suspicious in some of your previous threads from years ago.