Employment Authorization Cards at I-485 interview

neversay_never

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I know they usually ask to submit all your Employment Authorization cards (both current and previous), what if I have lost previous cards.

I have from 2001, 2002 and 2003. I have from 2003 (current) and 2002 and cannot find 2001. I have all advance parole documents though.

Has it happened to anyone before? What did the immigration officer tell you when you said you didnt have previous cards?

Would the immigration officer be okay if I just gave 2003 and 2002 and tell (ofcourse, only if he asks) him I cannot find 2001?

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

No worries. When asked, just hand over the old the cards that you have. If (only very very remote chance) asked specifically about the 2001, always say the truth. There is nothing worng with loosing the card. It is a very old card and it has expired long ago; so no one can use it.

You are fine. Good luck in your interview!

It is not an issue at all, during my stamping officer did not asked for AP's and returned our current EAD to us by saying destroy these once they expired. Old cards ...I am not sure where those are....!
Don't be over concious, relax .....don't volunteer any Irrelevant information