Employment after conditional GC expires

blury

Registered Users (C)
hi.I have a question regarding a job after conditional GC expires.i know that the passport is stamped for 1 yr while u apply for removal of conditions and that is usually good till the permanent GC comes but my question is do employers create a problem in such a situation?i'm starting a new job in june and my conditional gc expires in oct 2008.can my employer create an issue at time of employment stating that my gc is about to expire.?thnx for your replies,i'm kind of nervous about the situation.I will be sighning a 1 yr contract at my job,can they create issues saying that my card expires before the completion of that year? (june 08 to 09)?

how can we know what your employer plans on doing? you will get an extension letter, for up to 1 year and that will be evidence for any employer of your status.

There's never an obligation for an employer to hire you at all. If they feel it is too much of a risk to hire someone who's not guaranteed to be around in a year, then that's their legitimate decision. You may want to explain the circumstances to them and try to convince them that the I-751 evidence you presented will make the risk of your GC being revoked very small, if you feel that's the case. The employer will have to balance your skills against the risk that you may leave the job (voluntarily or not) at some point.