Employer willing to apply for my Green card

celticspatsox

Hello Rajiv sir,

I had conversation with my employer's HR this week and they told me that I have 29 months left in my H1B. Since, it takes 18 months to get Green Card approve, they will file my green card next year in Feb. 2015 only since, by that month I will have 18 months left in my H1B. I was fine but my concern is my husband who is also in H1B working for same company and has left 34 months in his H1B. We had conversation with our employer that if they file one of us then other one will be spouse thus save money in one application. They simply said that Attorney said that 18 months is enough. I don't know how that will impact my husband status. Because one year from now, my husband will have only around 22 months left in his H1B and we understand that there is huge back log in USCIS and though I am from Nepal and Date is current for Nepali nationality. We are still concern about EAD and my husband status. Here are my couple of questions?
1. If I agree to file next year only, How long generally does it take to get EAD card for me and my husband?
2. If I and my husband get EAD on time, and green card process is taking more than 24 months, does my husband still has to maintain his H1B status through his employment?
3. If govt loosen immigration law this year and millions of illegal files for residency this year whereas if my application get process next year after millions filed, do I get in line behind those illegal applicants?

Thank you very much in advance,
Joon