Emergency Travel Alternatives

pxd

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I have learnt that my dad has been hospitalized and mom is alone taking care of him. I want to travel to India but my AP is still pending (It was rcvd by VSC on Jan 20. My I-485 is also pending (since Mar 1, 2003) but the I-140 has been approved). My I-797 is valid until June 2005 but the visa stamp on my passport has expired.

What are the options available to me? Can I go to the Boston Office and receive an emergency AP? Alternately can I use my I-797, get a new a visa stamp in India, and use that for return. ( I have never used my EAD so my classification should still be H1). Any risks I should be aware of?

Thanks a lot.

--pxd

You can get your visa stamped in India easily with all the paperwork. Please be noted that your AP application will be invalidated once you go out of US. Not a big deal considering your situation. You will have to spend money again to apply for AP.

-----------------------------------------------------

Iam not a qualified person, just like you. Please use your judgement.

Alright the manchester office did nothing other than to recommend that I expedite my existing application by contacting the local senator.

I will be changing planes (same airport) in Paris.
Do I need a transit visa? If I do need a transit visa, I am counting on being able to get one tomorrow. (The french consulate is closed today). I would appreciate if people could share their experience/advice.

U wouldn't need transit visa.

Originally posted by pxd
Alright the manchester office did nothing other than to recommend that I expedite my existing application by contacting the local senator.

I will be changing planes (same airport) in Paris.
Do I need a transit visa? If I do need a transit visa, I am counting on being able to get one tomorrow. (The french consulate is closed today). I would appreciate if people could share their experience/advice.

I think since u would be coming back using ur H1 Visa, I don't think u would need transit visa. Normally only if u r AP holder u need transit visa. Atleast that's what i thought.

Please post ur question on the Service center threads as u would get more replies there.