Emergency insurance

SKM

Hi,

Someone we know is in the US visiting. He has had a heart problem since 5 years and has taken an insurance. He had a heart attack recently and had to be rushed to the ER for a bypass. Will insurance cover it ? I may be digressing from the topic but I would be grateful to anyone who has any input.

Thanks.

No Title

Hi,

Someone we know is in the US visiting. He has had a heart problem since 5 years and has taken an insurance. He had a heart attack recently and had to be rushed to the ER for a bypass. Will insurance cover it ? I may be digressing from the topic but I would be grateful to anyone who has any input.

Thanks.

It depends on the Insurance Company

As far as my understanding goes it depends on the Insurance Company whether they consider it a Pre-existing condition or not. Most of the companies do not include Pre-exixting condition in their scope of coverage.

Can you tell me which is your Insurance Company. Also, please keep me informed on the status of your case. My father is also a heart patient and he is visiting me in US for two months. I am trying to find Medical Insurance information for him.

Srikanth