Emergency AP

muncha_485

I am a first time writer here, have been an irregular reader though. Thanks to all of you helping each other out, this forum has an amazing community of people and pool of knowledge.

Current Status
--------------------
I-485: WAC-02-094 (January'2002)
Laid -off last week (without a lawyer a right now)
AP expired last month, renewal filed last month (a little late due to delay from company's lawyers).
EAD is expiring next month, renewal filed last month as well.

Problem
-----------
Have to travel to India in a week since my dad is going through a major surgery. Do you know, if this is a viable reason to get an emergency AP ? If so, any idea what I should do. I would really like to be with my family during this difficult time, so any advice is welcome.

I am not expecting the AP renewal to come through before mid June (looking at 30-60 days timeframe).

Thanks, really appreciate your help !

According to me, u have a very valid and strong case for Emer AP.
These its taking around 60 days for normal AP prcessing.
While travelling keep photocopies of major documents, I mean copies of reciept notices.
Wishing you all the good luck and a speedy good health to your father.

Can't believe these laws!!
People can not even travel when you are processing for AOS, without AP I mean.
Why AP at all?

I am sorry I have no idea on how to go about the emer. AP though. Good Luck & God Bless.

we got such an AP at local center with the AP application receipt and an evidence (a doctoral letter). the letter is the reason why you need an emergency AP.

Thanks for replying guys !

guowx.....Was the letter you used a normal letter from a doctor/hospital ? Also did you buy tickets to India, or have an printed intenerary with you, when you went to the INS office.
I apologize for the many questions, but any advice on whether I should go to San Jose' or Oakland, etc.. So far my case has been through Oakland, but I guess I can go to any local office for this.

In your case, my suggestion is to get a letter from India which states your father health condition. you will get emergency AP.

anyway, the final decision is dependent on the Officer of each local INS.

good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
muncha_485,

You might have to go to the local INS office that deals with your county, if Oakland it is, then you have to go there.

Good luck and hoping for a speedy recovery for your father!