Emergency AP question. Need Help!

HateOhatoMemo

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I’ve got a question regarding Emergency Advance Parole. My I -140, I -485 is pending from Sept 22, 2003. I’ve applied for my second EAD and AP 3 ½ months back. EAD came on time, but AP has not yet come. I need to visit India right now, and I’m planning on getting Emergency AP from my local office.

I’ve a couple of questions regarding this-

1) Do I need to show actual Ticket/e-ticket for getting the Emergency AP, or will the Ticket itinerary that I’ve placed a booking will do? I’m asking this as I do not want to purchase a ticket if the Emergency AP gets rejected

2) How long will it take for the Emergency AP to get processed? Do we get it in hand the very same day, or do we get called back the next day? Or does it about 7-10 days for it to get processed and they send it via mail?

Thanks for all the help. My Lawyer has no idea regarding Emergency AP and just keeps making guesses, so I appreciate any input from your side. Thanks once again,

Sanjeev.

OK - the most important thing is that you need to prove that your situation is an EMERGENCY.

It has to be a life or death kind of issue.
Need to go on a vacation to be at my niece's 1 yr b'day party is NOT. I hope you get the point. Sadly unlike EAD, there is no interim AP scheme if you wait >90 days

If your's is a documented emergency, I think you should be OK with ticket bookings should do ... you can always tell them that these tickets are non-refundable and its not practical to get it before getting the AP.

More important is establishing your cause as a real emergency.

Good luck

Did you get Emergency AP?

Could you please share your experience about getting emergency AP.
I am going there for the same on 18th Nov.
I have booked my tickets and have a valid reason.

-Mangesh

I-140

How did it go.Did you get the emergency AP.Please post yuor experience
Thank you