emergency advanced parole-urgent

moon20012002

Registered Users (C)
Dear friends,

we filed I-485 at NSC in Sep. 2002 and have not got RFE. we moved to Vermont Center last year. Now my wife need emergency advanced parole because that her father got hospitalized. She went to vermont local office (close to our home) but was told that she should file the application in NSC center. Then she called Chicago local office because we lived in Chicago when we file I-485 and was told the same thing. Does she need file the emergency advanced parole to NSC center and how long dose is normall take to get approved? What kind of documents are needed for the application? is the letter from hospital enough?

Thank you for your information.

Moon

As far as i can tell from previous experiences, you shd be able to get Emergency AP from the local office. (chicago does process emergency AP). i see no reason why th chicago office would tell you do do it from NSC!!

Actually the closest center to you that does the AP shd be able to gt you an emergency AP if you show your 485 and hospital letter. if they think you are a genuine case, they will normally give it. but itihnk you'll have to go in person instead of calling up by phone. they always say that it cannot be done. i dont know why.

Thank you guys

Thank you very much for your information. It is very helpful. Have a nice day and my best wishes to you. Moon

go to your area congressman office they will help you ASAP, but file the AP first.

Normally it takes 60 days. but I know you can have it in one week for speciall cases.

Good luck :)

Emergency

My cousin had same problem in may. The Local INS office in chicago said they no longer are issuing emergency AP and she has to get it from Vermont itself.

They said they can send a message to Vermont Service Center.
She took a letter from the Hospital to the Chicago office.

It took almost 10 days for her to get it.