email notification for case status updates

ateganda29

Registered Users (C)
i'm assuming you have to register a portfolio in USCIS to be able to check your status regularly. now, if one wants to get email notifications, when you're looking at your portfolio, the column next to 'receipt number' is 'email'. it should have a 'Y' in it in order to get email notification, right? cause according to the directions, check the box where you want to change something and then click 'email on' if you want to receive notification and 'email off' if you don't. i was just wondering how will you know which one you have. when neither of the buttons are dimmed even if you select one over the other. so i'm guessing it's what is in the 'email' column which will tell you if you have it on or off, right? please correct me if i'm wrong. thanks!

Don't get over excited by the email perspective as it does not work at all or at least do not work for Miami cases. I'm almost through all the process and if you search my case since the beginning it says that the case can't be found...

As for the email flag I can't understand your question as there is - at least in my case - a big Y or N stating if you want to receive emails or not...

Cheers

my online account has the "email notification" flag set as Y. However, since my status never updated, so I never received any email notification.

I also put my email address on N-400 form. I got the email notification for my oath ceremony of the same day I recieved my oath letter. I thought the email was a fake (or spam) since the email content looked fishy to me.

(well, after i received the oath letter on the same day, i realized the email was not a fake one. hee hee)