Eligible for Uniting for Ukraine program with valid B1/B2?

dealmonkey

Dear experts,

I am a Ukrainian fleeing the Russian war in my country. I am considering the recently launched Uniting for Ukraine program to enter the U.S. under humanitarian parole. Though, I have a valid B1/B2 visa. Last visit to the U.S. was in late 2019.

Question — am I eligible for the program, considering the above facts?

Thank you.

Yes, if you were resident in Ukraine as of February 11, 2022, and you have someone legally present in the US file an I-134 for you.

Thank you. But if I have a valid B1/B2 visa obtained years ago, can I still count on humanitarian parole under U4U program? Or will the USCIS and border officer decline it since I already have another visa?

I don't see why that would be a problem. I mean, you could try to enter on your visitor visa too, but it's possible to be denied entry as a visitor due to immigrant intent. And even if you are admitted, visitor status only lasts 6 months, so that might not be appropriate for your planned stay. So there's good reason for you to seek to be paroled through the U4U program despite having a visitor visa.

Hi Can you apply if you are a Ukrainian resident but NOT a ukranian citizen? Lived there for the last 10 years, and maintained residence for the last 5 years minimum, and was living/working there on February 11-February 24

Hi Can you apply if you are a Ukrainian resident but NOT a ukranian citizen? Lived there for the last 10 years, and maintained residence for the last 5 years minimum, and was living/working there on February 11-February 24
No, unless you are the immediate family member of a Ukrainian citizen.