Electronic EAD Filing Mistakes

seabird

Registered Users (C)
Dear All,

I filed EAD electronically based on I485 and realize that I made several mistakes. First, for the date of my previous EAD (OPT EAD) application, I put the date of submitting my OPT EAD, instead of the first effective day of my OPT EAD.

Second, I did not check the box that I will send supporting documents.

Third, I did not put any elegibility explanation and I485 receipt number.

What should I do?
Thanks!

Seabird

If you don't get your approval within 90 days, callup for an inquiry, they may issue an RFE. I made one mistake when i Efiled, the officer issued RFE after 5 months.

It's never late to send the supporting docs, even now you can send the docs with a covering letter, may be that could resolve all your issues

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
I filed EAD electronically based on I485 and realize that I made several mistakes. First, for the date of my previous EAD (OPT EAD) application, I put the date of submitting my OPT EAD, instead of the first effective day of my OPT EAD.

If you are meaning to say that you put the date of application of EAD instead of approval date(start date on EAD card), I think it should be ok. I had done the same for my 2nd EAD and got it without any RFE.
I don't think the instructions are clear as to what should the date of previous EAD be.

Second, I did not check the box that I will send supporting documents.

Just send the supporting docs. Folks have done it before. For a list, see the earlier appends in this thread. Maybe DL is not needed but everything else should be provided I think.

Third, I did not put any elegibility explanation and I485 receipt number.

Just include copy of I-485 receipt near the top of your supporting documents and include supporting docs.

I think with supporting docs, there is a fair chance you should be ok.