Effect of employer name change on LC

mads9999

Can anyone let me know the impact on LC if an employer changes names.

a) If Labor approved and applied for I140, does LC have to be redone
b) If applied for Labor, but not yet processed -What is the impact ?

Thanks
mads9999

Mads9999

In any case you need your employer (petitioner). You can't change employer during I-140 stage or LC stage.

a) If Labor approved and applied for I-140, does LC have to be redone --- If u change employer, YES
b) If applied for Labor, but not yet processed -What is the impact ? If u change employer, u have to redo LC also.

mads9999,

Your employer can change name - all that will be needed will be a declaration stating that name of the company has changed - your Lawyer will have to take care of it. it will not have any impact on your application at any stage.

But ensure that it is only change of name and not that they are closing one company and opening another and telling you a change in name.

I know one company in NJ, which told its employees that it is a change of name and behind the scene-closed the old company(as they had problems with INS.). One of my friend, working for the same, was alarmed only when they reapplied for his H1 on the pretext that they would like everyone to have new name on his/her document and they are kind enough to 'invest' for convinience of employees. He hit them back by joining his client, as the original company was there no more - so he was not bound by any agreement any more. It was easy in his case to find out as his Previous company was registered in name of his employer's wife and later one in his employer's own name.

mads

No effect. The new name of the company does not change anything as far as the LC or GC process goes. Your lawyer will attach an explanation with the LC when they file your I-140 indicating that the new company is really the old with just a name change.

Good Luck :)

All

My Mistake.....I misread the question...I thought he is saying that I am changing employer....

As " Jharkhandi " & "jrinny" have already posted, changing the business name won't hurt the petition as long as everything alse remains the same.