Education mismatch...help needed!

GPG

Registered Users (C)
Hi Unitednations and other guru's,
My employer wants to use a pre approved labor to file my I-140 through NSC. But, there is a mismatch in education requirement.

Pre approved labor says following in column 14 & 15
Degree: Bachelor's or equivalent
years: 4 years
Major field of study : Computer science

My education is from India
Degree : 4 years Bachelor's degree in Electronics and communication engineering.

My attorney feels that major field of study will be a issue as it mentions computer science. I got a education evaluation done which says my education is equivalent to "Bachelor's in electrical engineering with specialization in computer sciecne". But, my attorney says we can't use this evaluation as it mentions computer science as specialization and not major field of study.

Do you guys know any education evaluator who can evaluate my 4 years Bachelor's in electronics engineering to Bachelor's in computer science.
Did any of you guys done similar education evaluation?.

I talked to Trustforte corp and they might be able to give me a education evaluation equivalent to "Bachelor's degree with dual major in electronics and computer science". With this evaluation can I file I-140 at NSC?

I badly need some suggestions from you guys. UnitedNations and other gurus, please help needed as I have only few months left in my 6th year of H1.

Thanks unitednations...
I will try to get the dual major evaluation from trustforte. But, do you know any one who had 4 years Bachelor's degree in Electronics engineering and got evaluated to bachelor's in computer science? I talked to few evaluators including trustforte, but I could not get evaluated to bachelor's in computer science. Do you think NSC is very particular about the major field of study match?.

Thanks unitednations...
I talked to my attorneyabout trying to get my degree evaluated to "dual major in electronics and computer science" through trustforte. He says such an evaluation could help, but still chances of I-140 denial is more. His point is INS should believe the dual major evaluation and how a bachelor's degree in electronics can be evaluated to dual major in electronics and computer science. So, as per my attorney, I should not be surprised if my I-140 is denied with dual major evaluation. I just wanted to get some suggestions
before trying for dual major evaluation from trustforte. Do you have any comments on the above points or any suggestions?. Do you know anyone who has done similar dual major evaluation on got his/her 140 and 485 approved.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

GPG said:
please help needed as I have only few months left in my 6th year of H1.

If you have more than 6 months left then U can have a backup.
1> Apply for new labor...
2> U are allowed to work for 6 more months after Ur 6 year, without raising any flag.
3> Just after one year of applying for labor -- apply for H1b extension (3 years) .. on the basis of pending labor...
4> U will be all set once U get Ur extension :)

Meanwhile U can apply with the current labor (subsitution) that U have.

Hope that helps.
Billtoo.

Hi Billtoo,
Thanks for the response. Do you have any comments on my education mismatch for labor substitution. My messages and unitednations response are above. Do you think I might have some chances of I-140 approval if I get my 4 years bachelor's degree in electronics evaluated to "dual major in electronics and computer science". Main issue with this pre approved labor is mismatch in major field of study. I can try to get it evaluated to "dual major in electronics and computer science" from trustforte. But, not sure whether NSC will accept such a evaluation. Any suggestions from your end?.