education loan from canada

futuredentist

Registered Users (C)
I am a recent permanent resident of Canada. After my first landing, I have not lived in Canada. I got my PR a year ago. I am wondering if I will be eligible for any student loans from Canada to study in the US as I am already enrolled ina school there. This is kind of urgent, so I would really appreciate a quick response.
thanks in advance.

I am a recent permanent resident of Canada. After my first landing, I have not lived in Canada. I got my PR a year ago. I am wondering if I will be eligible for any student loans from Canada to study in the US as I am already enrolled ina school there. This is kind of urgent, so I would really appreciate a quick response.
thanks in advance.

Do you expect any cdn organization to loan you money - when you do not live/study in Canada - just based on your (so called) PR status? I would be surprised if you really manage to get one!

?

what are you trying to say? I am not expecting a free ride. i will be paying interest just like i am right now after borrowing from an american bank, by virtue of my having a 3-year credit history there, and not due to any PR status.

what are you trying to say? I am not expecting a free ride. i will be paying interest just like i am right now after borrowing from an american bank, by virtue of my having a 3-year credit history there, and not due to any PR status.

You know perfectly what I am trying to say. I never said that you are expecting a free ride. Just think - why would anybody in Canada give a loan to a person who is not living in Canada, not studying in Canada and not a citizen of Canada. Just because your PAST credit history? What about the FUTURE? Your credit history is okay, but that is not a guarantee to get a loan. They will see the other things - where this money is going to be used, where you reside and your citizenship status.

This is my opinion ONLY (not a fact or law), based on the common sense and based on the things you have said. May be you will get a loan, who knows, good luck!

I will be enrolled in a school in the US but going back to Canada everyday. I will not be able to work in Canada afterwards because in my profession I cannot earn as much in Canada as I could in the States to pay back my 250k educational debt which i am currently taking out at a 10% interest rate. So now I will go back and forth between Canada and the States for 4 years and even obtain Canadian citizenship, but a 5% interest rate vs. 10% will really make a dent in my fortunes over 20 years. Hence, I am asking. I am not sure where to look for loans. Thanks anyways.

Why don't you apply for scholarships in US . Numerous scholarships are available for the aspiring professionals over here.