Education Evaluation

sk01

Registered Users (C)
Dear Members,
Do you think having the last name misspelt by an alphabet on the education evaluation for I-140 would matter?
Please comment

sk01 said:
Dear Members,
Do you think having the last name misspelt by an alphabet on the education evaluation for I-140 would matter?
Please comment

If the evaluation company misspelt it (comparing it with your last name on the certificates), then I would demand them for a new copy. They should do it for free and push them to expedite the process.

With USCIS, I wouldn't take a chance and submit this one. Just my opinion.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply music lover .The issue is the I140 was already submmitted along with the evaluation.Do you think this would pose a RFE on I 140.btw my last name is one of those typical indian last names

Having a typical last name might actually help you :) since it is hard to find a typo. But if they do..you should have a corrected copy ready to be mailed.
I think it might be a good idea to demand a new copy and wait it out.

Hi sk01,

I have knowledge of misspelt first/last names by the USCIS even on approvals. So, they should overlook this typo-error, which is again not on the main document, I-140.

In the meantime as musiclover suggests, it is always best to have a corrected copy handy and make it available to the USCIS, in case related RFE is issued.

Good luck.

DIGS

DIGS & RAK1974,
Thanks so very much for all your kind replies and suggestions.Yea I guess I would be fine because of the length(11 alphabets).But did you ppl hear anytime if this would trigger a RFE

sk01,

The chances of getting RFE are very slim. However, with NSC you never know, it depends on the adjudicator.

Hope for the Best, Prepare for the Worst.

DIGS

Last edited by a moderator:
Spoke with my attorney and the Evaluation company and they feel the same as you DIGS,minimal chance of getting an RFE.