EB3 TSC INDIA : \'APPROVED\' Finally

khuda_gawah

Registered Users (C)
Now it\'s my turn to post this long long long.......... waited notice!

EB3 INDIA TSC
PD: 02/1998
I-485 RD: 08/19/1999
      ND: 09/01/1999
FP: 11/11/1999 (1st Time)
    05/22/2001 (2nd Time bcos FP expired. Had to re-schedule them through
                the Paralegal, It was a hasstle, let me tell you!)
I-485 Approved: 05/29/2001 (For both my wife and myself)
No RFE. Never called IIO or never went to any Senator/Congressman.
EAD : Applied twice for both my wife and myself.
AP : Applied twice for both my wife and myself.

I was planning on applying for the 3rd EAD last week, but got approval notice yesteday(Saturday) in the mail. AVM is not updated and still says \'Your 485 application has been received Aug 99....blah blah blah..\'.

I was planning on going to the Senator\'s office after the dates for 485 moved forward from 7/99 bcos my RD is 8/99 but \'Thank God\', I didn\'t have
to go through that!

Well it took exact 3 1/2 years since I started this process with my company. Moved form TSC location to NSC location in the same company \'XYZ\' at the I-485 stage, but never got any \'Local Transfer\' or \'RFE\' which I was kind of expecting. I even had all my \'Pay Stubs for the past 2 yrs\', W2s for the past two years\' etc. ready in case TSC requested for them. I even did both my 1st and 2nd FP at a local office in NSC location with the FP notice from TSC. Well, you update your address at the TSC if you move to another location.

So, after staying in this country for almost 7 years and still working in the same company for almost 5 years, I heard those messages.

I would like to tell you\'ll that please have \'PATIENCE\' and faith in \'GOD\' and one day all of you will get the approval. I have been browsing all these Immigration sites almost everyday for the past one year and I thank you all for posting messages. Today, I could not hold myself back, so I\'m posting this message. I could only sleep for 5 hours last night, I don\'t know why!! Hopefully, I won\'t dream of \'GC\' any more in my dreams!

Only people who go through this crazy \'Green Card\' process know what they have to go through. I hope no body goes through this and the whole procedure of getting \'Green Card\' becomes more easier and simpler!

Our son is only 3 yrs. old and he\'ll be able to see his grand parents again soon!!

Take care and keep smiling:)
Khuda_gawah

No Title

Khuda_gawah,

Congratulations, enjoy the freedom. I am sure you will love it.

My details: EB3, INDIA, TSC, PD 7/97, 485 RD Aug/99, ND Oct/99, FP Dec/99(expired in Apr 2001), 2 EADs sofar.

I am also in similar boat. My first FP has expired in Apr 2001. For the past one month, TSC says they are rescheduling my second FP but sofar I didn\'t get any notice for it. I tried everything that I could think of.... like talking to IIOs, sending faxes to TSC, talking to the senators etc. I even tried to give my second FP using my first FP notice(as per the advise of some of our friends who succeeded in doing so) but I couldn\'t succeed as they refused saying that I need to wait for my second FP notice.

Please post the details of what your paralegal had done to get you the second FP notice. May be, if possible, we also could try the same.
Also, please post the locaiton of your local INS office and FP office.

This painful GC saga continues.... as if that pain is not enough, currently I am on bench for the last 3 weeks and not sure how long more it takes to get my next proj. Day by day the situation is only becoming worse for me.

--desi90210

No Title

desi90210,

Keep up your spirit and you will have your\'s also very soon.

My paralegal is a very nice lady and all she did was called the phone # for TSC (I don\'t know the number, but your paralegal should know what number to call to contact IIO in case of changing address etc.). She called on Feb 20th for re-scheduling Finger Prints for us (my wife and myself) since our 1st FPs have expired and also to check if the address on their system is correct, so that INS could send letters at my current address. All what the IIO did was verified our address and told our paralegal: \'We will send an email to the department concerned and re-schedule the finger-prints\'. That all. We received the original Finger print notice for both of us scheduled at the local INS office where we stayed (NSC region) about 2 1/2 months later and they were scheduled for May 22nd which is 3 months from the time our paralegal called the IIO. I hope it helps you to estimate your time frame!

Since we had our original FP notice re-scheduled for an appointment at the local INS office from TSC, they could not refuse us and hence did our finger prints (this time electronically) and let me mention that the people at the INS local office were very nice and very curtious. All I remember saying was to send the Finger print results to TSC direct instead of NSC since our I-485 application was getting processed at TSC and the person at the local INS office said that our finger print results from the FBI have been requested to be sent to TSC directly.

Once you get done with your 2nd time finger prints, you should be very close to be approved any time. I hope the above information helps you.

Take care.
khuda_gawah

No Title

khuda_gawah,

thanks a lot for giving such a detailed reply. Definitely it had helped me in understanding the whole process that you had gone through during your FP expiry stage.

I hope I too get my second FP notice soon so that I can give my second FP along with my wife and hope for our approvals.

Thanks again,

with all my best wishes for a good future for you and your family,
desi90210

No Title

I am in the same boat, can somebody let me know how long does it take for my I-485 to be approved.

EB3 India
TSC
PD: 11/98
RD: 10/99
ND: 11/99
FP: 02/2000

No Title

Heard anything about your FP..They might have got expired by now..Correct?

Thanks !!

No Title

uttine,

"waiting4-485" had given FP in 2/2000. His/her FP might not have expired by now. FP expires after 15 months from the date INS receives it from FBI(it is not 15 months from the date the actual FP is given). Also, IIO told me on more than on occassion that there is a "GRACE" period of upto one month after the expiry of FP within which TSC can approve I-485 without asking to redo the FP.
So waiting4-485 still has a chance of getting approval without doing second FP.

waiting4-485: why don\'t you try talking to an IIO or sending a fax requesting them to approve your case before the expiry of your FP?
It might help in expediting your case.

good luck,
--desi90210

No Title

Hi Desi90210,
                My fp expired on 05/15.I did what all possible(sending faxes,calling IIO etc;),but nothing worked
in my case.Approached senator,and they got back with a reply that ins is processing july99 cases,and 77,000
are pending.where did you hear about this grace period?were there any instances like this?I am sending faxes
to TSC daily for Fp redo,but of no use.Also,my lawyer is of no help.

pd03/98,rd 10/99,nd 11/99,fp1 12/99,india

kabb

No Title

desi90210,

Thanks for letting me know about my FP. See i talked to IIO a week ago and she mentioned that i have to wait for the current processing RP date of July to be my RP date which is 10/99. Should i still inform them that they can process mine. Please help me, i have no idea what to say in this situation apart from just waiting for my turn. One thing i can say is that mines i believe is current as posted priority date is Jan,99 (TCS) and mines is 10/98.

Thx,

No Title

I haven\'t heard anything from my lawyer nor did IIO informed me about my FP expiry. I know that in 15 months FP expires, but i would like to wait until lawyer says so, i know it will be too late by then. What should i do now ? Even my EAD has expired, currently using my extended H1B, i did apply for my EAD renewal just for the heck of it...

No Title

Hi khuda_gawah ,

Congratulations !!! and enjoy your FRRRRREEEEEDOM!!!

My dates are closer to yours
PD 02/98, RD 10/99 ND 10/99 FP 12/99

When I called IIO in first week of MAY they told me that my
1st FP expired April 2001. I had asked them to re-schedule
my 2nd FP , sent letter to senator, Faxed to TSC and still
not yet received my 2nd FP notice.

After reading you posting looks like I have to wait atleast
two months to get my 2nd FP notice, that will be sometime in
July.

Thanks for posting the message, it gives us hope that
ours will be approved soon.

No Title

kabb,

3 different IIOs told me about this grace period when I called them and talked about expiry of my FP. Personally I don\'t remember seeing any such approvals but even the senators office told me the about this grace period. So it might be true and upto to the officer handling the case to decide whether to reissue for second FP or approve without it.

--desi90210

No Title

waiting4_485,

I think you should wait until 15+1 months and see if your case gets approved by that time. If not, start bugging IIOs through faxes asking for FP redo. It might be good if your paralegal also helps by writing to INS asking for either approval or FP redo notice. As the way things are going at TSC, it is easily taking more than a month to get the second FP schedule letter itself. After that it would be another month or so for the actual FP date. So, I suggest you start your attempts as soon as you have completed 16 months from the expiry of yoour FP. I have seen atleast 3 cases so far(including mine) where FP redo letter would not arrive within the first one month after TSC says they rescheduled it.

--desi90210