EB3 PD July 2000 I485 June 2005 approved

wanderer^sun

Registered Users (C)
Hi, All,

Today got the email notice for the approval of my wife's I485. I am the major applicant, my case is still pending.

Here are the details:

Labor filed: July 2000
I485: June 2002
Finger Print: January 2005
RFE: March 2005 (for both of us)
RFE ack: May 2005 (for both of us)
Approval: December 01, 2005 (wife's case)

I know there used to be fake approval notice, how can I verifiy?

Thank you.

congrats!!!!!, unbelievable, pls share details, non retro country??

what was the RFE

you can also confirm by calling CIS
wanderer^sun said:
Hi, All,

Today got the email notice for the approval of my wife's I485. I am the major applicant, my case is still pending.

Here are the details:

Labor filed: July 2000
I485: June 2002
Finger Print: January 2005
RFE: March 2005 (for both of us)
RFE ack: May 2005 (for both of us)
Approval: December 01, 2005 (wife's case)

I know there used to be fake approval notice, how can I verifiy?

Thank you.

RFE is
1. prove of all legal status upon entry to US
2. employment verification. I submit one for me but did not do it for my wife. Lawyer suggested me not to though she had been working before the RFE.

3. some stuff like I140 approval I think

the CSR from CIS told us the same news - it is approved today.

How do you know I am from China? :)

I am from China. But my concern is I am the major applicant, but mine is not approved yet.

That's a secret I learnt during my stay at Shaolin Temple :)

The next time you are there, mention my name and they will tell you my country :) .

I think you should follow up on your case too, and raise an enquiry, CIS has done this in past too.
wanderer^sun said:

I am from China. But my concern is I am the major applicant, but mine is not approved yet.

wanderer^sun said:

Nato jumped me but most people can guess the country of origin from one's writing. Most non native speakers of English tend to have some give aways. In your case:

".....I submit one for me but.." was the give away:)

For Indians, one can some times make out the writer's home state or region from one's writing. Mainly because some people translate in to English their thoughts which could be in their native language.

I guess I am digression from immigration matters here:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was approved yesterday

Hi, All,

I got the my I485 approval. email yesterday too. So now both of us got approved.

The feeling now is not only joy but also a sense of reflecting, for the experiences in between, for the adjustments/sacrifice made in the past, and for the future too. I surely believe no one deserves the pain we go through, and the immigration process is not a just one.

In my case, I did send fax to my local Senator. But that was done in August during the freeze period. The Senator I used is GA Senator Chamblee.

Best of luck for all, and I will come back to this site for any questions I can help. Most of all, I will try my best, on personal level, to tell/act on this unfair process so hopefully fewer people will have to go through this like we did.

Best to all!

Wanderer^sun

enjoy the freedom!!!!!!!

wanderer^sun said:
Hi, All,

I got the my I485 approval. email yesterday too. So now both of us got approved.

The feeling now is not only joy but also a sense of reflecting, for the experiences in between, for the adjustments/sacrifice made in the past, and for the future too. I surely believe no one deserves the pain we go through, and the immigration process is not a just one.

In my case, I did send fax to my local Senator. But that was done in August during the freeze period. The Senator I used is GA Senator Chamblee.

Best of luck for all, and I will come back to this site for any questions I can help. Most of all, I will try my best, on personal level, to tell/act on this unfair process so hopefully fewer people will have to go through this like we did.

Best to all!

Wanderer^sun

How does the Visa bulletin posted date play

My labor was filed in July 2000(It is considered Priority Date by some, while others say I140 is the Priority Date)

Let's say my PD is July 2000. I saw for Chinese employment based EB3 filers, the Visa Bulletin(November 2005 http://www.immigration.com/newsletter/2005-11.html) is May 2000.

So does this mean if I go to the passport stampping, I still have to wait for the real card?

By the way, it seems to get passport stamped, all need is:
1. passport
2. picture ID
3. approval notice.

Anything else? A friend of mine mentioned EAD, AP etc.

Thank you.

Dec bulletin China is Jan 01

wanderer^sun said:
My labor was filed in July 2000(It is considered Priority Date by some, while others say I140 is the Priority Date)

Let's say my PD is July 2000. I saw for Chinese employment based EB3 filers, the Visa Bulletin(November 2005 http://www.immigration.com/newsletter/2005-11.html) is May 2000.

So does this mean if I go to the passport stampping, I still have to wait for the real card?

By the way, it seems to get passport stamped, all need is:
1. passport
2. picture ID
3. approval notice.

Anything else? A friend of mine mentioned EAD, AP etc.

Thank you.

It is May 00. Maybe you were looking at ME, which is Jan 01

CH IN ME PH
1st C 01JAN00 01AUG02 C C
2nd C 01MAY00 01NOV99 C C
3rd 01MAR01 01MAY00 01JAN98 01JAN01 01MAR01