EB3 or EB2?

raguraam

Registered Users (C)
I have I 140 approved with PD Jan-2004(EB3). If I jump employers I become eligible for EB2 and can retain the same priority date which means mine becomes current as per the latest bulletin.

With all the uncertainties and speculation that is going on What will be my best strategy?

1) Stay put with my current employer and wait for progressions in EB3 dates

OR

2) Jump employer to start new EB2 PERM so I can port the PD at I140 stage

Can the experts show some light here?

Can any of the experts on this forum , give their opinion on the following questions?

1. I have an EB3 with PD dec 2003 from my previous employer whom i quit 2years back.

2. I have an EB2 with PD Dec 2005 , along with I140 approved,with my current employer.(i have a Masters from US)

Is there anyway i could use my earlier PD with my previous employer (without joining his company?

Please let me know,

Thanks,

I am no expert on this, but here is my take:

Another option I would seriously consider is file PERM EB2 Labor with the new company without joining them. This is possible if you manage to convince them to file labor now, upon approval of 140 with them or on 140/485 filing you can join them. This way, by the time EB2 labor & 140 gets approved you will know whether the EB3 PD is current or not, and decide whatever is good at that time.

I have I 140 approved with PD Jan-2004(EB3). If I jump employers I become eligible for EB2 and can retain the same priority date which means mine becomes current as per the latest bulletin.

With all the uncertainties and speculation that is going on What will be my best strategy?

1) Stay put with my current employer and wait for progressions in EB3 dates

OR

2) Jump employer to start new EB2 PERM so I can port the PD at I140 stage

Can the experts show some light here?