EB3 NSC Approved

CKR

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

At last its my turn to post this message. Mine and my wife\'s 485\'s are approved. Here are the details:

PD:1/21/98
RD:8/12/99
ND:10/4/99
FP:6/23/00
AD:5/10/01
EB3 India NSC
LIN - 00002-503xx

AVM changed only today to \'This case has been approved on may 10th......\' for both of us. I checked even yesterday
and it had the same \'440-470 days\' message. I was worried as NSC is approving all 2000 cases and went up to April RD\'s.
Even some EB3 99 cases came through. I thought my file ended up in the dust. I was actually expecting an RFE as I submitted only a non-availability certificate from a municipality and a birth certificate issued by a military hospital. All it mentioned was my father\'s name, my name and the DOB. Only the non-availability cert. had my mother\'s name. But I guess NSC valued the military certificate and I was spared. During the 1st week of may I talked to a nice IIO who put a note on my case for someone to look at. Don\'t know if that helped or not. Haven\'t received approval notice yet.

One of my colleague with similar dates as mine is approved on May 7th or 8th.

Came here in 91 and went thru all the troubles of a student and finished my masters degree. It didn\'t help me to get into EB2 because of the so called \'minimum requirement of a job has to be masters\' clause. I guess GC processing is the last place one should look for fairness. For whatever its worth I\'m relieved its done.

Well, boards like immigrationportal and isn.org has been a tremendous help during these tough times. Kudos to myladoor for his selfless efforts.

All pending EB3\'s hang in there, I think NSC is trying to clean up all pending EB3 cases.

I would appreciate if anybody can post Stamping experiences at Desmoines, IA office.

No Title

CKR, Thanks for that post - it gives me hope.

Your FP is 6 months before mine, but my LIN # is LIN 00005-xxxxx which is just 3 days away from yours (10/7/1999).

I keeping calling after hours in the hope that the AVM may have changed. No such luck to date. I have heard (from my lawyer) that IIO\'s may not like the fact that you are calling to ask them about the status of your case. Is this true? I have called once and I feel that I should call again as I have seen some many LIN after mine get approved.

Actually, I would get bugged if some one kept calling me all the time to ask if some work is done - kind of like "Are we there yet?" to which I would answer - "Don\'t make me come back there!" :)

No Title

Hang in there buddy, your turn will come. I\'d say go ahead and call the IIO once a week. Now is the time when our cases are just ripe enough to be approved. Tell the IIO how many days its been since your RD and ask to put a note for someone to take a look at it. Talk in a friendly tone and don\'t sound negative and complain. If nothing works then contact your senator. I almost sent a letter today to the senator but thought I\'ll do it tomorrow. When I cheked today its approved. In the last one week fairly more EB3\'s are approved. Good luck to you and hope you hear those magic words soon.

No Title

Arrgh! Just got through to the AVM and they have sent out a request for additional information! After all these years I don\'t even remember who I am any longer. Anyway, this is good news in that INS is processing my case.

No Title

Thanks myladoor, Looks like NSC is really cleaning up all pending EB3 cases as I said. There are 3 more EB3 approvals today.

BTW I received my apporval notice in the mail today. It was posted on 5/14, the same day AVM changed to approved.