EB3 -India approved cases

guldukan

Registered Users (C)
In 2006 PD moved from 98-April 2001, how many EB3-India cases got approved vs the allocated quota for EB3 India.

we only have couple of more months in current fiscal year, I don't expect any movement,

at the same time i really don't see many cases during this period, so i was wondering how many cases got approved are they in 100s,1000s

any clue guys

Probably close to 3800

guldukan said:
In 2006 PD moved from 98-April 2001, how many EB3-India cases got approved vs the allocated quota for EB3 India.

we only have couple of more months in current fiscal year, I don't expect any movement,

at the same time i really don't see many cases during this period, so i was wondering how many cases got approved are they in 100s,1000s

any clue guys

guldukan,

With retro in place and no spill-over, EB3 India gets 3,800 visas in a fiscal year. This fiscal year the date for EB3 India moved from 1998 all the way to April 01. I would think there must have been atleast 3600+ cases that have been apporved thus far. All 3800 have obviously not been used up otherwise Eb3 India would become Unavailable like EB2. So in Oct 06 there will be a fresh set of 3800 visas. Who knows how many are there in 2001 alone (245i's from India will eat up a lot). If there are a lot of 245i India EB3s then I am afraid Fiscal year 07 will also be like this year. The dates will stay stuck in April 01 the whole year and then maybe in Oct 08 they may move.

No one has any idea right now. The bottom line is that the situation in the short term (1-2) years is going to be really bad. We just need to deal with it at this point.

regards,

saras

Last edited by a moderator:
3,800 includes spouses and kids. Plus with Schedule A quota over by October, they will also join line in regular EB3.

If we continue to only receive 3,800 visas it may take 3-4 yrs to just get out of April 2001.

Not sure of other places but here in TX I have a close friend of mine whose December 1998 PD EB3 Regular labor got approved 3 months ago. So there are such cases from the past.

Yes but not to many ..

texancanadian said:
3,800 includes spouses and kids. Plus with Schedule A quota over by October, they will also join line in regular EB3.

If we continue to only receive 3,800 visas it may take 3-4 yrs to just get out of April 2001.

Not sure of other places but here in TX I have a close friend of mine whose December 1998 PD EB3 Regular labor got approved 3 months ago. So there are such cases from the past.

texancandian,

There maybe cases from 98-99-2000 but there aren't that many. The biggest problem for India is going to be 245is and the per country limit. If things do not change then yes, it will probably take 2 years to just get out of 01. Its a bad scenario but it seems likely at this point.

I am done with speculation and am trying to deal with the reality of this situation. I am trying to make the most of a bad situation ... thats the only thing in my control.

regards,

saras

Legal EB3s are victims

Is there any legal loop hole or litigation to sue to block or delay illegal amnesty 245is applicants to use legal visa numbers ? If there is any slightest point in favor of Legal EB3s, then there should be protests on particular legal ponts instead of vague demands.

Some people I know got approved last week in EB3 India - 245i cases

I know couple of families that got approved last week under EB3 India. Total number of visas used 7 (with 2 primary applicants)

They were illegal before applying for 245i. Applied in the late March 01, got their 485s approved last week including spouces and childrens.

Plus there are many more people I know who applied under 245i are expecting their approvals this or next months.

245i is the killer for legal EB3 Indians....

I know, 245i is the main culprit here,

They are hurting law-abiding legal immigrants to favour illegal

I wonder how come any of the National media never mentioned this before, I am pretty sure they are all aware of this issue,

There could be a stronger force preventing this to happen

can we write to all the National media like NPR, CNN, fox about this

I try not to frustate, but I can't avoid

LUDs

maheshcr said:
Saras,

Was there any LUD change on your AP too when it changed for the 485?

Thanks

Mahesh

mahesh,

I have had all sorts of LUD changes over the years. However with my latest APs there was no LUD change on 485s.

saras

I won't be surprised

I won't be suprised if EB3 india stays around April 2001 for couple of years (without any CIR) since Schedule A will also eat in EB3 shortly...

Luck of the draw ...

guldukan said:
I know, 245i is the main culprit here,

They are hurting law-abiding legal immigrants to favour illegal

I wonder how come any of the National media never mentioned this before, I am pretty sure they are all aware of this issue,

There could be a stronger force preventing this to happen

can we write to all the National media like NPR, CNN, fox about this

I try not to frustate, but I can't avoid

guldukan,

There is no doubt that it is unfair but things like these happen all the time. I have found that there is very little one can do about it (especially immigrants in our situation). We can try and make noise but it will be drowned out by shouts of "Go back to your own country." 245is, the random processing of cases prior to Retro, the hoopla about CIR and almost everything else about this process has convinced me that we are "helpless" in the short term (2-3 years). Its best to accept this fate as "pure bad luck". I have accepted it and am trying to move on with my life without the GC. This has been a harsh reminder that I cannot force every situation in life to turn my way, no matter how hard I might work to change it. In a way its a good lesson to learn. There will be far greater challenges in life and I will probably deal with them in a better way than I dealt with this process ...

saras

Yes ..

PainCard said:
I won't be suprised if EB3 india stays around April 2001 for couple of years (without any CIR) since Schedule A will also eat in EB3 shortly...

PainCard,

We have to be prepared for that outcome. When 245is flooded the labor process, those dates froze for 2 years, the same is "possible" for 485. So we either decide to wait for 2-3 more years for freedom or move onto other things. The choices couldn't be any clearer ...

regards,

saras

Question???

saras76 said:
PainCard,

We have to be prepared for that outcome. When 245is flooded the labor process, those dates froze for 2 years, the same is "possible" for 485. So we either decide to wait for 2-3 more years for freedom or move onto other things. The choices couldn't be any clearer ...

regards,

saras

What is the limit to use AC-21 option ? In other words, can I use it multiple time if I need to ? I am frustrated with this retro crap and waiting for the PD to move. I am seriously thinking of using AC-21 to grab a better oppurtunity. Will multiple use of AC-21 will create nightmare in 485 approval ?

So gurus please share any information which might help me.

Thanks,

Not sure ..

hudakchullu said:
What is the limit to use AC-21 option ? In other words, can I use it multiple time if I need to ? I am frustrated with this retro crap and waiting for the PD to move. I am seriously thinking of using AC-21 to grab a better oppurtunity. Will multiple use of AC-21 will create nightmare in 485 approval ?

So gurus please share any information which might help me.

Thanks,

hudakchullu,

I do not have any idea about multiple AC-21 usage. Please visit the AC-21 thread or post this question on the forum. I am sure there are people who have experience with this.

regards,

saras

saras76 said:
texancandian,

There maybe cases from 98-99-2000 but there aren't that many. The biggest problem for India is going to be 245is and the per country limit. If things do not change then yes, it will probably take 2 years to just get out of 01. Its a bad scenario but it seems likely at this point.

I am done with speculation and am trying to deal with the reality of this situation. I am trying to make the most of a bad situation ... thats the only thing in my control.

regards,

saras
just wondering when can a person with a jan/2004 PD can expect to get EAD ? my case is still stuck in PBEC and I dont have any hopes. any prediction guys ...so that I can think about plan B ? lawyer seems to say dates can suddenly move fwd ..any chance of that ? I know this has been discussed in past but if someone can reply ..I will be thankful

No telling ..

mariner555 said:
just wondering when can a person with a jan/2004 PD can expect to get EAD ? my case is still stuck in PBEC and I dont have any hopes. any prediction guys ...so that I can think about plan B ? lawyer seems to say dates can suddenly move fwd ..any chance of that ? I know this has been discussed in past but if someone can reply ..I will be thankful

mariner555,

With a PD of 2004, the odds are currently stacked against you. You will find many a pseudo expert predict all sorts of things on this forum. Some will say it will take 10 years, others will say that it will take 2-3 years. Take it from me, no one has a clue. Your best bet is to not make any plans that are solely contingent on the GC. Do what you can without it and monitor the situation. I think its to early to think about making rash decisions such as abandoning the process. The best thing you can do at this point is to try and not let this process consume you. You probably have a while to go so do your best to cope.

regards,

saras

H1 Trnasfer in 5th year:

Hi,

Will it be ok.. to keep H1 transferred to another company in 5th year and not join that company, till you get laid off by your existing employer (may be he join during sixth year). My friend had this situation. He is in 5th year and H1 six years would be completed in next 13 months.

He had EB2 perm approved and I 140 approved with 11/05 PD. His only concern is if he is fired in sixth year, due to expected slow down in economy, no other firm would really get the H1 transferred (not sure is this really true ??). My friend needs some help/advise. Please help.

How long you can take joining a new company after H1 is transferred?

thanks, :confused:

saras76 said:
mariner555,

With a PD of 2004, the odds are currently stacked against you. You will find many a pseudo expert predict all sorts of things on this forum. Some will say it will take 10 years, others will say that it will take 2-3 years. Take it from me, no one has a clue. Your best bet is to not make any plans that are solely contingent on the GC. Do what you can without it and monitor the situation. I think its to early to think about making rash decisions such as abandoning the process. The best thing you can do at this point is to try and not let this process consume you. You probably have a while to go so do your best to cope.

regards,

saras

need clarification reg. 245is

Hi,

I accept that 245is are coming in the way of EB3 dates. However, want to know some technical details. I understand that 245is legalize their illegal stay in the US by 245i approvals and some fee. In the meantime, they have a choice to opt for family-based or EB green card process (might be they have to mention this while applying 245i, I do not know). Let us say some opt for EB3. Will these guys have to do all 3 stages of GC now, like a) Labor, b) I-140 and c) 485? Or is it a shorter process, like only AOS needed after 245i is approved. Of course, I am not a 245i case, else I would be knowing this. I am EB3, India, with PD Aug 03. Pl. clarify.

Thanks

saras76 said:
guldukan,

With retro in place and no spill-over, EB3 India gets 3,800 visas in a fiscal year. This fiscal year the date for EB3 India moved from 1998 all the way to April 01. I would think there must have been atleast 3600+ cases that have been apporved thus far. All 3800 have obviously not been used up otherwise Eb3 India would become Unavailable like EB2. So in Oct 06 there will be a fresh set of 3800 visas. Who knows how many are there in 2001 alone (245i's from India will eat up a lot). If there are a lot of 245i India EB3s then I am afraid Fiscal year 07 will also be like this year. The dates will stay stuck in April 01 the whole year and then maybe in Oct 08 they may move.

No one has any idea right now. The bottom line is that the situation in the short term (1-2) years is going to be really bad. We just need to deal with it at this point.

regards,

saras

The process

holen said:
Hi,

I accept that 245is are coming in the way of EB3 dates. However, want to know some technical details. I understand that 245is legalize their illegal stay in the US by 245i approvals and some fee. In the meantime, they have a choice to opt for family-based or EB green card process (might be they have to mention this while applying 245i, I do not know). Let us say some opt for EB3. Will these guys have to do all 3 stages of GC now, like a) Labor, b) I-140 and c) 485? Or is it a shorter process, like only AOS needed after 245i is approved. Of course, I am not a 245i case, else I would be knowing this. I am EB3, India, with PD Aug 03. Pl. clarify.

Thanks

holen,

A lot of 245is are family based but "supposedly" a lot of 245is from India filed under the EB3 skilled worker category (2 years of experience as a carpenter or cook qualifies) . About the process, their process is the same. Most 245is applied their labor in April 01 because that was the deadline. This led to a standstill in labor approvals for a couple of years. Then they created the Back Log Elimination centers and sent a lot of the pending 245is labors to these BECs. It is unclear how many 245is are acutally still stuck in the BECs, how many have been approved and how many made it to the 140/485 stage.

My best guess is that the DOS and USCIS are seeing a lot of 245is come through the labor process or are expecting a lot of these and are being tentative with the dates (expecially for EB3 India). When the 245is actually do hit the system and if there are thousands of pending ones then we will be screwed even further. At present no one has a handle on exactly what is going on. What I have stated is one of the more popular theories.

regards,

saras