EB3 I485 LUD - approval?? (PD = 06/2003)

eye140485

Registered Users (C)
I got an LUD on my 485 with this message:

On August 18, 2006, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

Here is what recently happened on my case:

1. I'm the secondary applicant (dependent).
2. Moved to a different address on 7/31/2006.
3. Got the above LUD on 8/18/2006.
4. Called today for the address change - The agent said that she cannot change the address on an approved application. She said that if I do not receive the card/approval in the next 30 days the I need to call back and the they would tell me what to do. She also asked me to send out AR11 form.

Questions:
1. Is my application really approved? If not, how can we interpret that message?

Please reply with your thoughts.

Thanks.

eye140485 said:
I got an LUD on my 485 with this message:

On August 18, 2006, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

Here is what recently happened on my case:

1. I'm the secondary applicant (dependent).
2. Moved to a different address on 7/31/2006.
3. Got the above LUD on 8/18/2006.
4. Called today for the address change - The agent said that she cannot change the address on an approved application. She said that if I do not receive the card/approval in the next 30 days the I need to call back and the they would tell me what to do. She also asked me to send out AR11 form.

Questions:
1. Is my application really approved? If not, how can we interpret that message?

Please reply with your thoughts.

Thanks.

Is your PD current?

This is a common LUD message for many reasons...
1) one of the reason in your case may be address change.
2) If you are lucky might get approval....but i am not sure...as per your signature

I don't think it is an actual approval as my PD is 06/2003. But it cannot be for address change as well as I didn't apply for address change until today.

I'll have to wait and see what it is. I hope they pick up my address change from AR11 as they don't update the address change on "approved" applications (I know mine is not approved but the stupid message is worded that way).

Returned mail - due to address change

The message typically pops up when USCIS got a notice back to them due to returned mail
...mostly due to address change OR It could be approval notice getting returned to USCIS (also possible)

Commonly happens for Fingerprint Notices...

USCIS is pretty good...in such cases of returned mail...they check AR11 notice and re-send the notice...BUT when they do that....all your old applications with USCIS (EAD/AP/485 etc..) will receive an LUD!

Good Luck, if it's approval notice...

didoala

Join the Club:
"On May 15, 2006, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."
Mine is not an Approval.
Could be a FP Notice.

Good to know that USCIS is good with the address change thru AR11. Considering my luck I don't think I'll get an approval until I walk the whole nine yards (retrogression etc....who knows what else is in store). But I'm happy that at least I'm not tied up to an H1 any more.

Thanks so much guys....your very helpful, as always.