EB3 I-485 Approved today

Green card

Congratulations. I am very happy for you. We all are waiting for the same.

My question is did you have any interview in the local office or it was approved from the service center. Pls post your reply
Goodluck with your future

congrats........and thanks a ton for posting this good news......i hope everyone will post their good news.........we need to see some movements....good luck to you for your future endeavors...

Rainu said:
Congratulations. I am very happy for you. We all are waiting for the same.

My question is did you have any interview in the local office or it was approved from the service center. Pls post your reply
Goodluck with your future
No interviews, It was approved by the service center.

Tata Green Card said:
EB3 I-485 was approved today in TSC.

EB3 Priority date - September 2000.
Applied I-485 in June 2002.

Congrats. Are you from retrogressed country ? If yes, looks like PD is moving forward fast. :)

Which country?

Congrats!. Which country are you from? I thought EB3 retrogressed back to Jan 98 FOR SOME COUNTRIES. Can you post your details?
techy2468 said:
congrats........and thanks a ton for posting this good news......i hope everyone will post their good news.........we need to see some movements....good luck to you for your future endeavors...

congrats!!!

did you have any lud, rfe. etc.

this gives some hopes but doubt if we should expect to get those dates in the bulletin as cis probably wants to work without getting any disturbance / people following up etc. remember there are still people in tracker with 98/99 dates still waiting..

EB3-Other

Your case should be EB3-Other.. Thats the only way a 485 can be approved after looking at the latest Visa bulletin.

Other Workers 01OCT00 01OCT00 01OCT00 01OCT00 01OCT00

Tata Green Card said:
INDIA. Applied GC in September 2000 in TSC.

I had an RFE back in June 2005 requesting a current employment letter. They received my RFE response on July 8th.

I am Software Techie like most of us. Mine was filed under EB-3 category and I don't think I qualify for "Other Workers" category.

Tata Green Card said:
I had an RFE back in June 2005 requesting a current employment letter. They received my RFE response on July 8th.

I am Software Techie like most of us. Mine was filed under EB-3 category and I don't think I qualify for "Other Workers" category.

Tata Green Card:

Congrats! on your approval. Can you please check your messages. I just sent you one by PM.

Thanks.

Congrats !

One quick question : you say your PD is Sept/2000 ..... is this the date you filed your labor application or I-140 ? USCIS cannot approve EB3-India cases where the true PD (date of Labor filing) is after Dec/31/1997, so I'm kind of curious to know what the date of Sept/2000 represents in your case.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have said it many times.....that I-485 approval has nothing to do with retrogression......approval needs a visa number......i think if i am not wrong.....they must have got fresh quota...after oct-05..

retrogression means.....you cannot apply for I-485 if your pd is not current.

techy2468 said:
retrogression means.....you cannot apply for I-485 if your pd is not current.

....... and already applied I-485s will be put on hold if PD is retrogressed, irrespective of PD being current when the actual application was made.

This has been clearly stated by USCIS and ALL major law office websites (Rajeev Khanna, Murthy, Shusterman etc) have also published the same.

A collegue of mine also got approved, But at the interview time, they said there is no visa number available and asked him to wait. No card order was issued for him

So if I-485 is approved and visa number is unavailable then all hurdles are cleared and one only has to maintain legal status. Once number is available, card will be ordered and mailed.

Ah...almost there...

The good thing is to see USCIS working on I-485 dates in September 2000. Soon it will be the turn of those in 2001. Some progress at least...

i think i get the picture now.....that means they will keep approving I-485's irrespective of PD....but they wont be issued the visa till their PD becomes current and Visa number becomes available...

at the same time they wont accept new application if PD is not current.....looks like they are aiming for 2 weeks processing time.....sounds great....except that we all got screwed for their inefficiency...