EB3 / I-140 Approved. Need Guidance on how to get approval document from lawyer

fastshipperNJ

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
Got I-140 Approval Today from Nebraska. See my signature.Need guidance on how to get copy of I-140 from Lawyer so that i can change companies. I am not at talking terms with my current employer and we have a common lawyer. Technically i am her client because i paid directly to her for services provided. How should i tackle this diplomatically in order to get all the releveant paperwork for using AC-21 clause.

retrogression affected country
EB3 RIR
PD October 2002
I-140/ I-485 Concurrent RD 03/26/2004
No LUD ever since RD except for approval today

Talk to your laywer and find out whether you can get a copy of your approval notice. I do not think, there is any reason for them to hold the approval notice, they usually hold the I-140 receipt notice, as this will avoid people from calling USCIS and avoid the company from getting into some hassles.

If they do not provide one there is a FOIA (Freedom of information act) form you need to submit, to get a copy fo your I-140 receipt. I heard someone mentioned in this forum, that if you call the CIS customer service and tell them, that you need the I-140 copy as you are changing your attroney (which would be the case, fi you take up new employment) and you do not want to disturb the old attroney related to this, then they will direct you what is needed to get it from CIS directly.
GOOD LUCK and CONGRATULATIONS, ENJOY !!