EB3 - desperate situation

sreera

hello friends

This is my first posting and I would be really thankful to your responses and suggestions .
I did my Bachelors degree (BSc Maths) in India (i.e., 3yrs bachelors degree) and did 3 years GNIIT professional Diploma from NIIT.
I have been woking in USA for 5 years and used to work in Singapore for 4 and Half years and also worked in India. All together I have almost 11+ yrs of solid IT experince.

My employer filed my labor under EB3 category by considering my 3 years Bachelors Degree.
To my bad luck i got an audit on my labor and still it is in pending status.
When i look at the EB3 priority dates i just feel terrible & hopeless.

Please advise me the remedies to port my Labour from EB3 to EB2. suggest me the best ways to go ahead. I just read somewhere that doing some kind of diploma course in USA can count for 4 years degree that could help me .

Please help ..all your suggestions can save me & my family .

Thanks in advance

---------------------

Your situation is certainly not desperate. Don't exaggerate.

Your job in the US never guaranteed that you could remain. Your employer will respond to the audit and it may still be approved. If it is, you will just have to wait like everyone else in a similar situation. Your US experience will only count towards EB2 in very special circumstances. An advanced degree may help, but you will not qualify for a student visa and part time study will require 3 or 4 years of part time study. You would then need a job requiring a MS and would have to go through PERM again.

As long as you have work authorization, you should not stress about the time to the GC.