EB3 Case went to court (245i)

aagcha

Registered Users (C)
My file is now combined with my file with the judge (I'm a 245i, applic. pending; overstayed, have 2 US citizen kids). On 8/27, my EB3 I485 was transferred from CSC to SF district office. I went for an Infopass appt. last week to find out if I could get a 2nd FP initiated. The IO told me that my file is with the court now and she said the SF office will not even interview me. My file is now with the judge. So I'm just going to wait for my court date in Jan.05. My lawyer said the judge can adjust us then if I get all of my documents needed. I hope it will all work out. Thought I'd share my experience.

Question: I didn't work for 1 1/2 yrs but have been working now for 6 months. I will file AC21. Will it be a problem w/ my tax return since I didn't have sufficient income to show them?

Thanks, DS

WAC02275... EB3
ND 7/2002
1st FP: 8-02
No RFE/2nd FP yet

sorry to hear that. wish you the best. please make sure you discuss with lawyer -- especially where the law stands and what you're supposed to say and what not. i heard a case from my friend -- where the officer grilled him and he didn't go with lawyer and said something that he shouldn't have -- they made him sign some letter and his papers are in a mess.

even though it costs i would take an attorney -- and be prepared with everything. i also didn't work initially till i got EAD - one thing maybe to ensure how you supported yourself and were you a public charge.... i am not sure how to prepare but thats my guess.. also along wiht physical presence stuff.

good luck