EB2 with professional designation?

carry me

Registered Users (C)
I'm in the Actuarial profession, if you know what that is. My job title does not require a Masters degree, although I do have one. Therefore, I seem not to qualify for the EB2 just based on my having a Masters degree.

I'm working on getting my Associate Actuary Designation and once I get it I will be able to become a member of the Society of Actuaries. Getting the Associate Degree requires passing some 6 extremely difficult professional exams. While you get your letters, you will have the right to sign specific legal documents.

I wondered if I could file under EB2 after I get my Associate Actuary designation. Do you think this would fit the definition of:

Visa Bulletin said:
Second: Members of the Professions Holding Advanced Degrees or Persons of Exceptional Ability: 28.6% of the worldwide employment-based preference level, plus any numbers not required by first preference.

Hey were you able to get an answer to this question ? I am in the same situation as you .. I am finishing up modules and very close to being an ASA