EB2 Vs EB3

pintu16

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys..
I am new to this forum and my I140/485 are filed in Nov'04 in EB2 category(NSC).
Can you guys pls let me know what is the difference between EB2 and EB3 category and which one is faster.
I will appreciate yr inputs.

Thanks

EMPLOYMENT-BASED PREFERENCES

First: Priority Workers: 28.6% of the worldwide employment-based preference level, plus any numbers not required for fourth and fifth preferences.

Second: Members of the Professions Holding Advanced Degrees or Persons of Exceptional Ability: 28.6% of the worldwide employment-based preference level, plus any numbers not required by first preference.

Third: Skilled Workers, Professionals, and Other Workers: 28.6% of the worldwide level, plus any numbers not required by first and second preferences, not more than 10,000 of which to "Other Workers".

Fourth: Certain Special Immigrants: 7.1% of the worldwide level.

Fifth: Employment Creation: 7.1% of the worldwide level, not less than 3,000 of which reserved for investors in a targeted rural or high-unemployment area, and 3,000 set aside for investors in regional centers by Sec. 610 of P.L. 102-395.

pintu16 said:
Hi Guys..
I am new to this forum and my I140/485 are filed in Nov'04 in EB2 category(NSC).
Can you guys pls let me know what is the difference between EB2 and EB3 category and which one is faster.
I will appreciate yr inputs.

Thanks

In the current times EB2 is better than EB3

I agree. We should see more and more approvals for EB2 soon.

Current strategy looks like clear as much EB3s as possible before PD retrogress and then start working on EB2 cases.