EB2 sep 2003 filers

plastic_card

Registered Users (C)
dear EB2 Sep 2003 filers
I see a post from GCprob1 that they received Mail from USCIS for finger prints second time. His ND is Sep 23 2003 and mine is sep 22 2003. I hope ina day or two I will be receiving. Does any of EB2 sep 2003 filers got the same?

One more thing is I'm going india on thursday and what happens if I could not attend for the scheduled date? My friend will be checking my mails. I will be back on June 4th. Till that time I could not call and reschedule? Can some share your thoughts?

plastic_card said:
dear EB2 Sep 2003 filers
I see a post from GCprob1 that they received Mail from USCIS for finger prints second time. His ND is Sep 23 2003 and mine is sep 22 2003. I hope ina day or two I will be receiving. Does any of EB2 sep 2003 filers got the same?

One more thing is I'm going india on thursday and what happens if I could not attend for the scheduled date? My friend will be checking my mails. I will be back on June 4th. Till that time I could not call and reschedule? Can some share your thoughts?

I had filed concurrently --- fingerprinting was done in 2004 and thats it :mad: No more updates or communications. I had the same problem as you are expecting---got my FP notice few days before I left for India. My lawyer called the 1800 number and set up a second date. I think you can do that, too. Have a great time!

Hi guys
I didn't get any FP notice yet. Mine was done last year I guess May. No notice for 2nd FP. And mine is Sept. 4, 2003.
I absulately don't understand NSC.

Even I (primary applicant) did not get the FP notice. I need to check today's mail. The FP notice is for biometric (code 2), the wordings are different from last FP notice.

hi plastic card,

eventhough if you recieve FP notice next week on that notice they will say if you cannot attend the sheduled date for FP you can come any time in 3 months on specific days(they will give you which day it is).so dont worry and enjoy your india trip.

thx guys. I talked with my lawyer and he said that he will call and Reschedule. I'm waiting for my mails today. This NSC sucks. does not know what to do with these guys. I will keep my fingers cross.

Hi plastic_card,

In case your 485 is approved while in India, without request for 2nd FP, I presume you have a valid AP.

Also would like to know if your H1 visa is still current and whether you plan to reenter on the same in case of pending 485. The reason for my enquiring is I plan to visit India in Dec. and got H1 extended till mid-2007, but the visa has expired. Further, since last June, USCIS has discontinued revalidation of H visas within US so I dont know how difficult that would be to get in India. I dont plan to spend on visiting Canada and get the visas stamped there.

Appreciate for any inputs to my query from anyone else too. Thanks.

plastic_card, enjoy the Indian summer.

DIGS
EB3, India
RD Apr.04
140 ??

Last edited by a moderator:
DIGS said:
Hi plastic_card,

In case your 485 is approved while in India, without request for 2nd FP, I presume you have a valid AP.

Also would like to know if your H1 visa is still current and whether you plan to reenter on the same in case of pending 485. The reason for my enquiring is I plan to visit India in Dec. and got H1 extended till mid-2007, but the visa has expired. Further, since last June, USCIS has discontinued revalidation of H visas within US so I dont know how difficult that would be to get in India. I dont plan to spend on visiting Canada and get the visas stamped there.

DIGS
EB3, India
RD Apr.04
140 ??
Guys I am also going India without I-140 or 485. Just AP. No H1 also. Big risk but I have to go means I have to go....
First finger prints last year in May, next one no clue...........
One question - why do we need 2nd finger? I thought finger prints remain same for whole life. And they are unique. I still can't understand the concept of 2nd finger printing.

Hi tjshah,

Well, I have heard from some of my friends and forum members here about getting 2nd FP notice after a year from the 1st. I too had got my 1st FP done in last Jun. With such a long delay, the USCIS must be presuming that some of the applicants out of frustration must be banging their head & hands thereby inflicting harm and possible change in FP and facial expression. I wish they work & send the approvals faster rather than FP notices.

BTW, learnt from another thread that you have given up H1 status, working on EAD and plan to reapply for H1. Well, that may be a good idea since you are visiting India, however the new H1 would come under the quota restriction which generally gets filled up in a short time. So, more than being brave, you need to be a lucky girl ! I havent applied for any EAD/AP yet, but plan to do in the wake of my Dec. visit.

Good luck.

DIGS
EB3, India
RD Apr.04
140 ??

DIGS said:
Hi plastic_card,

DIGS
EB3, India
RD Apr.04
140 ??

DIGS

I was in the same situation as you. Went to the US consulate, and had no trouble in getting a re-entry visa. However, I took my AP as a back-up in case they created trouble.

Hi SEPT03NIW,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please further mention whether an appointment is necessary and what procedure one has to follow. Is it as simple as fillingup a form, paying fees and getting the visa stamped. Is there any kind of questioning ?

I still recollect my first H1 stamped in Mumbai when the officer was asking me questions outside my field of study/work and expected me to know all. You know how those officers are, less knowledge & more formality.

Thanks again.

DIGS
EB3, India

DIGS said:
Hi SEPT03NIW,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please further mention whether an appointment is necessary and what procedure one has to follow. Is it as simple as fillingup a form, paying fees and getting the visa stamped. Is there any kind of questioning ?

I still recollect my first H1 stamped in Mumbai when the officer was asking me questions outside my field of study/work and expected me to know all. You know how those officers are, less knowledge & more formality.

Thanks again.

DIGS
EB3, India

You do need to set up an appt. The dates are pretty booked up--so do it ASAP. The weblink i believe is www.ttsvisas.com (you can do a google in case thats not correct and look for it). You have to fill up a couple of forms, make a couple of bank drafts, take photographs according to the instructions, wait in line, and talk to a visa officer. I did not have a tought time though. The lady was very nice. Asked me about my field of work and how long I have been at the US. That was it. You should be able to get a complete set of instructions at the website where you set up the appointment. If you have trouble looking it up, let me know. I can go through my pile of documents and come with with the links.

Good luck!

SEPT03NIW,

Thanks a lot for the info. However, the ttsvisas.com has visa appointment for Delhi, Calcutta, Chennai, while I fall under the Mumbai region. I also read that one can book appointment online upto 3 months in advance, so with my Dec. visit, I have time to search for more details.

Appreciate for your inputs and visa revalidation experience.

Thanks again.

DIGS
EB3, India

EB2 Sep 2003 - 140 Approved

Guys,

I just received emails about my 140 approval. I think there is some hope for Sep 2003 applicants.

Good Luck...
Eb2
140/485: ND: Sep 23, 2003
140 RFE Mid of Dec 2004 (Category Eb2 or EB3?)
INS received RFE response on Dec 22nd (Confirmed Eb2)

Congratulations, it's a long wait for you.

Did you initiate a query to trigger the approval?

Thanks,

Thank you yuren. Yes, I initiated an inquiry for my 485 as I can not get the status through phone line and then pressurised my company/attorney to initiate an inquiry for my 140. I am not sure my attorney initiated an inquiry though. Couple of months back I contacted my senator, they responded that my file was not assigned to an officer after they received RFE response.

For my 485 inquiry, USCIS responded that it is being reviewed by an adjudicating officer. Hoping for a good luck!

Congrats gcprob1,

Good luck with your 485, should be approved soon.

DIGS
EB3, India
RD Apr04
140 ??

gcprob1 said:
Guys,

I just received emails about my 140 approval. I think there is some hope for Sep 2003 applicants.

Good Luck...
Eb2
140/485: ND: Sep 23, 2003
140 RFE Mid of Dec 2004 (Category Eb2 or EB3?)
INS received RFE response on Dec 22nd (Confirmed Eb2)

Congratulations!!!! End of a part of the journey for you---my ND is same as yours----hopefully I will hear something pretty soon. Was the RFE solely about category?

Thanks digs and Sept03NIW. Good luck with your 140/485.

Sept03NIW, I typed the RFE I received below.

You have checked box "D" in part 2 of the petition. Please submit a statement clarifying if this is correct or state under which classification you wish to be considered.

gcprob1
Could you also post the officer code, which is the last line like NSC/ *** /*** under the siganataure.