EB2 Perm question

xbzus

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

- Applied paprer based EB2 PERM in May 2010

- Got a letter from Atlanta processing center asking 3 documents for 1. Proof of Fed ID # 2. Proof of busines entity 3. Proof of physical location

- sent the requested documents in July

- in less than a week there was an email asking 3 questions. a web based questionnaire asking are you sponsoring "the person's name", is there an opening for that position etc..

- once employer submitted the online form the email reply was "This is a confirmation email that the U.S. Department of Labor has received your response to the questionnaire regarding sponsorship of "The person's name" for the full time position of "Job title". Your case will now continue to be processed." (I think it was an automatic reply)

My question is,
- was that an audit?

- or are there any more audits to come? (i mean, has it passed the stage of getting caught in audit)

- how long will it take from here to get a reply for this PERM case

Thanks all

The first part of your question is regarding DOL's inability to confirm Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN), Normally this happens to newly started businesses, once you sent in proof of FEIN assignment (any letter issued from IRS), confirmation process is complete, DOL allows an employer to electronically file or submit labor certifications. Second part is sponsorship questionnaire. After submission of labor certification by attorney or agent on behalf of employer, DOL sends an sponsorship questionnaire to sponsoring employer to confirm filing of labor certification, upon submission of response, case continues to process. BTW this is not an audit

Thanks whitemimauz3 ,

1. Does that email questionaire mean they verified the company successfully?

2. Can we expect any audits after this, because it's now more tham 3 months since we submitted initial PERM in May 2010?

Thanks