EB2 or EB3

xcelcius

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of applying for my GC.

I am working as a Computer Systems Analyst and have a bachelors degree and 10 yrs of experience. So according to the US Citizenship and Immigration website. I should be good to apply as EB2.

uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=816a83453d4a3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=816a83453d4a3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

But my Company lawyer suggests that it is safer to file as EB3 as the Title Computer System Analyst would not be ideal for EB2 and my application could even be rejected.

My question is, did anyone of you had any issues when applied as Computer Systems Analyst and with a Bachelors degree plus 5 years of experience??

What should I do? should I go with EB3 or EB2?

Will really, really appreciate your responses.. Thanks a lot folks..

It really depends on the job requirements, and if the job requirement is significantly different from the "usual" then yes, it might get denied.

I don't know exactly what it is that you do as "computer systems analyst", but if the job requirement is not for a BS+5 years of experience (i.e.: they can hire people for that position with lesser education/experience), then the fact that you have more is irrelevant.

For EB2 you need to qualify yourself, and the job offer has to qualify. You qualify. Does the job offer?